Thread: Powered Boot lid closing

Post Thanks / Like

Powered Boot lid closing

Hi. It says in the handbook for my 2016 XJ Portfolio:

'Powered luggage compartments can also be opened by pressing the interior release button, located on the driver's side lower fascia. See DRIVER CONTROLS. When the lid is fully open, press the button again to close.'

However, when I press the button again to close nothing happens. Should I be able to close the boot lid using the interior release button or not?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
    Hi. It says in the handbook for my 2016 XJ Portfolio:

'Powered luggage compartments can also be opened by pressing the interior release button, located on the driver's side lower fascia. See DRIVER CONTROLS. When the lid is fully open, press the button again to close.'

However, when I press the button again to close nothing happens. Should I be able to close the boot lid using the interior release button or not?

Thank you.
    Good afternoon Chuckyarla,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend that you contact your local approved retailer who would be able to investigate your query further and provide you with assistance.

Please see a link below that will enable you to search for your local approved retailer.
    https://www.jaguar.co.uk/retailer-locator/index.html

Should you require further assistance once your vehicle has been inspected please do not hesitate to contact me and I will look to provide assistance where possible.

Thanks, Stacie
    Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Stacie,
    Chuckyarla, I too have this issue and have already got it booked into dealership for this and another issues to be resolved
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors