Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clutch Replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch Replacement

Hi All,
    I am working on replacing my clutch on a 2004 X Type jag. However, I ran into a problem when trying to remove the subframe. The heatshield that sits behind the motor in between the cab and the motor and is attached to both the subframe and the body of the car. With what seems no access to the bolts holding it in. Anybody know how to get past this step?
    Thanks, Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Please edit your signature to put in your vehicle details. (See my signature for details)

Is it diesel or petrol?
    Kind regards

Benedict White

Jaguar X Type Sport Estate 2.0D, 2004 (127,000 miles) with most of the toys!

To edit your signature, go to the top right of the forum and click on settings. On the left side you will see 3 panels, The 3rd is "My Settings". Under my settings you will see edit signature.

How to re program tailgate glass see here.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is petrol.

Thanks, Chris
    JAGUAR X-TYPE V6 SPORT 2004 2.1 PETROL, 4 Door SALOON

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. No idea, mine is a diesel. In your signature it would help if you added the exact car details, like "saloon" (What you call a sedan), petrol and engine size.
    Kind regards

Benedict White

To edit your signature, go to the top right of the forum and click on settings. On the left side you will see 3 panels, The 3rd is "My Settings". Under my settings you will see edit signature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks like if I am going to have to cut these two and remove the one I have access to, I can then hopefully drop the sub frame. Might put a pair of vice grips and see if I can spin the bolt out that way. Plan on replacing with rivets when putting it back together. Anybody got any better ideas?

http://blob:https://imgur.com/dd047e...8-fa73fd1e4944

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks like if I am going to have to cut these two and remove the one I have access to, I can then hopefully drop the sub frame. Might put a pair of vice grips and see if I can spin the bolt out that way. Plan on replacing with rivets when putting it back together. Anybody got any better ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/cEc92vz.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    What else is that heat shield attached to? Do you actually need to remove it?
    Kind regards

Benedict White

Post Thanks / Like
    Its attached to the body and the sub frame. I went ahead and cut off the ones that were connecting the sub frame. Loosened the steering gear and double checked for anything else that might hold up frame. Going to try and drop it tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi im new to jags do you need to drop the subframe to do the clutch or can you just pull the gearbox back

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you do....
    2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign.
    Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast