Thread: Today’s the day to say Goodbye (for now)

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Today’s the day to say Goodbye (for now)

Hi All
    Today my XK8 moves onto a new owner, I’ll be telling him about this forum that’s for sure because without it, I’d have been much less clear on the quick route to the easy fix’s or from bumping around in the dark to find solutions that many Indy’s might not know.

Who would know that the body processor module goes into sleep mode after 28 days of no activity rendering the key fobs to unlock the car useless, ( a friend of mine stopped using his Cetek until I told him it wasn’t draining the battery!)

How would you find out that the break glass detector gets set off in heavy rain, (particularly on coupe’s) causing the alarm to sound and it can be disabled, although an insurance watch out maybe!

That there’s an opportunity for an easy (home) fix for “floppy” vanity mirrors

That there’s more ways of fitting discreet or not Bluetooth than you could ever imagine.

Huge thanks to everyone who posts on here, every thread helps someone, somewhere if not today, but in the future. Don’t hesitate to put up a post, everyone on here is interested in finding out that little bit more and offering help if they can.

Oh and pictures, we DO love pictures . . . . . even if we wish it was a little easier to post them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	595A6A03-5596-4E10-B2C3-D2F866C4E2D2.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	28427

Can’t help thinking though that in the immortal words of Arnie . . . “I’ll be back”

(Don't think I’ll be able to remove the shortcut from my home screen though, take an occasional peek!)
    XK8 4.2 Sport 2004
    Audi A3 1.8 TFSI Black Edition

2. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64, payno, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car and one the new owner will love and cherish I'm sure..

Glad you've enjoyed you're ownership and forum time, some good peeps here and good knowledge to share

You don't say what you're moving into what's the next ride for you?

Share it here and also the "other rides" post

Don't be a stranger, always welcome here so pop in and let us know how the new ride is going and perhaps share your knowledge to help others, UNTIL the time comes to get back in a Jaaaag

Cheers
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes Irish Pappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with whatever you buy. When I sold my last XJR for a Bentley GT, it wasn't too long before regret started getting the better of me and I was very happy to sell it after 4 years and get another Jag.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    fate has intervened as my XK8 didn't sell on Autotrader and the pangs I was feeling have gone away so much so now its in the garage again this week for more work this time replacing the rear suspension bushes after my dismissive attitude to wards it I thought I should lavish a bit of time and money making it as good as I possibly can. Wheels and tyres next