Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Considering getting an X350.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job Russ, she looks a real beauty, came up well too

Might I suggest the larger oval exhaust tips as a possible mod?
    See mine below, although not the best pic, you get the idea.....

These can be had from Adamesh for £65 the pair and simply slide straight over the existing tail pipes, make it look the way it should've done initially in my view at least.

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Thanks fat controller thanked for this post
    Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a random idea... how do you feel about painted brake capilers Jim?

Perhaps they could be painted in "Baboon's buttocks red"?

Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB (Work horse)
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Project car)

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post

These can be had from Adamesh for £65 the pair and simply slide straight over the existing tail pipes, make it look the way it should've done initially in my view at least.

Jim
    You must have read my mind - I had looked at the existing tailpipes and thought they looked a bit sad. I will wait until I get back to work (given I have been off for eight months, and therefore now on half salary) and then I will look to getting some. In fact, would I be better to wait now until the spring, and put them on once the winter has passed? Mine will never be up to the standard of yours, but I would like to keep her in as good a nick as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

5. Likes JimC64, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post

Hmmm I think I'd stick with stock silver on this colour if it were me

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

7. Likes fat controller, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim!.... and I thought you were only happy if ones callipers were glowing in the dark!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB (Work horse)
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Project car)

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

www.autosanity.com

9. Likes fat controller, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post

Jim
    Good Lord, Jim - I'm always stunned wherever you post a shot of your 358.

Simply beautiful, my friend.
    Jaguar XJ 350 TDVi Sovereign SWB, indigo blue, cream leather, 20" Sepangs

11. Likes JimC64, C16RKC, seagull liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
    Good Lord, Jim - I'm always stunned wherever you post a shot of your 358.

Simply beautiful, my friend.
    Well thank you very much, what a great compliment from a fellow enthusiast, made my day

I did love the ole girl, in fact, without a word of a lie I was just speaking to the new owner about 10 mins ago, it's funny how word gets about. He'd just emailed an Indy asking about a transmission service and a few other bits and the Indy owner called me about something else, and just happened to say.

I thought I'd give Chris call for a catch up and tell him I was keeping my eye on him, so to speak lol. It was great to catch up and he's loving her, racking up the miles now heading for 160k, he does a full service incl air / oil / fuel & pollen filter approx every 6k miles. I have a feeling they may be together for a wee while yet.

Thanks again for the kind words
    Cheers
    Jim

13. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aye, it is a stunner of a car right enough. I still think that the 358 is a much better looking car than the new XJ, but then I am biased.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

15. Likes Alec Escolme, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    Aye, it is a stunner of a car right enough. I still think that the 358 is a much better looking car than the new XJ, but then I am biased.
    I had the choice to buy either and to be honest I just could not see past the looks of the X350. I do like the newer tech and the stylish seats in the X351 though. Problem is I just don't see a Jaguar when I look at it. Probably because I am of a certain age.

17. Likes fat controller, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I think it goes back to when the X350 was released. At the time, the place I lived at was right next to a funeral parlour (dead centre of the town!!! ) and when the X350 was first released, the owner of the funeral place bought one. I instantly fell in love with it, and wanted one - I'd have given a kidney right there and then for one, so when I started looking this time round and ended up realising that I could have an X358 for roughly the same amount of money I would spend on a PCP deal on something like a base Clio, it was a no brainer.

19. Likes C16RKC, Magrew liked this post
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast