Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 201 to 206 of 206

Thread: Considering getting an X350.......

  1. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Well thank you very much, what a great compliment from a fellow enthusiast, made my day

    I did love the ole girl, in fact, without a word of a lie I was just speaking to the new owner about 10 mins ago, it's funny how word gets about. He'd just emailed an Indy asking about a transmission service and a few other bits and the Indy owner called me about something else, and just happened to say.

    I thought I'd give Chris call for a catch up and tell him I was keeping my eye on him, so to speak lol. It was great to catch up and he's loving her, racking up the miles now heading for 160k, he does a full service incl air / oil / fuel & pollen filter approx every 6k miles. I have a feeling they may be together for a wee while yet.

    Thanks again for the kind words
    Cheers
    Jim
    Glad to hear the new owner's looking after the car, Jim. You must be pleased. Nothing worse than looking after a car, spending time energy and money on it and then seeing some scroat use and abuse it.

    Hope you're enjoying your new car. Your's looks a lovely example and I've heard the 351 is beautiful to drive.

    Would you ever consider going back to a 358 if you didn't do so many miles though? Or have you 'moved on' now, mate?
    Jaguar XJ 350 TDVi Sovereign SWB, indigo blue, cream leather, 20" Sepangs

  2. Likes fat controller, JimC64 liked this post
  3. #202
    Senior Member JimC64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
    Glad to hear the new owner's looking after the car, Jim. You must be pleased. Nothing worse than looking after a car, spending time energy and money on it and then seeing some scroat use and abuse it.

    Hope you're enjoying your new car. Your's looks a lovely example and I've heard the 351 is beautiful to drive.
    Would you ever consider going back to a 358 if you didn't do so many miles though? Or have you 'moved on' now, mate?
    Loving the new car Westminster, really and truthfully, what's not to love? I consider myself to be very lucky and am enjoying it as often as I can.
    Would I consider another X358? Yes, definitely, great car....

    In fact I was actually looking just the other day, considering a lowish mileage one possibly for Mrs C and getting rid of the X type, for her, but kind of for me too lol
    I had considered making ColinG an offer on his tbh, but the more I looked at it I thought it wouldn't make sense
    The X type has just had quite a bit of money spent on her and although she has 82k miles on her, she's in great shape, the XJ would just be too big for Mrs C anyway, but.....the thought was there lol

    Getting back to the thread in hand now...

    FC - Now that you have "considered" and actually bought the car, I know you have already done some work but have plans for her too
    How about, as many of us have done, creating an ownership thread?

    Outline everything from the day you bought her, miles covered, costs incurred, plans and mods also any issues and remedial work done to make good the issues
    All of the above with plenty of pics of course
    It's a great way for you to keep track of everything you've done to the car and also a great progress thread for us all to view and pop in to see what's going on thread too.

    Just a thought
    Cheers
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

  4. Likes coling liked this post
  5. #203
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Loving the new car Westminster, really and truthfully, what's not to love? I consider myself to be very lucky and am enjoying it as often as I can.
    Would I consider another X358? Yes, definitely, great car....

    In fact I was actually looking just the other day, considering a lowish mileage one possibly for Mrs C and getting rid of the X type, for her, but kind of for me too lol
    I had considered making ColinG an offer on his tbh, but the more I looked at it I thought it wouldn't make sense
    The X type has just had quite a bit of money spent on her and although she has 82k miles on her, she's in great shape, the XJ would just be too big for Mrs C anyway, but.....the thought was there lol

    Getting back to the thread in hand now...

    FC - Now that you have "considered" and actually bought the car, I know you have already done some work but have plans for her too
    How about, as many of us have done, creating an ownership thread?

    Outline everything from the day you bought her, miles covered, costs incurred, plans and mods also any issues and remedial work done to make good the issues
    All of the above with plenty of pics of course
    It's a great way for you to keep track of everything you've done to the car and also a great progress thread for us all to view and pop in to see what's going on thread too.

    Just a thought
    Cheers
    Jim
    Yeah, I've always seen the XJ as more of a 'man's car', if you know what I mean.

    Sorry, back OT - yes, great idea - a FC ownership thread.
    Jaguar XJ 350 TDVi Sovereign SWB, indigo blue, cream leather, 20" Sepangs

  6. Likes JimC64 liked this post
  7. #204
    Senior Member fat controller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Middlesex
    Posts
    1,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is a really good idea Jim - not sure if we are going out, or have people coming in for dinner this evening (now't like a bit of notice, eh!!), but I am likely to be out of commission either way. I will start one though, probably tomorrow.

    There is a little bit of me hopes that someone arrives on this forum, as the owner of a newer Jag, and finds that I have their old one - - at least they would know it is being appreciated (and worried about, and generally pampered!)
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

    It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

  8. #205
    Senior Member johnandhisjags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    Aye, it has been a life changer. No more overtime for me, and I am looking for a much more peaceful and easy life.

    Thanks Phil

    PS - I am Russ to my friends

    I have had a wee nose around, and I see that the likes of JimC64 and Victor are still knocking about which is great to see - hopefully I will get a chance to be back here full time before too long.
    Well Russ I seem to remember you from years ago when I appeared under my alias Billybobble and we had Jaguarman on the XJS forum. Happy days.
    Its great that you are back in the land of the living my old dear departed Mum told me before she died to enjoy every day you have because life is short.... wise words

  9. Thanks fat controller thanked for this post
    Likes fat controller liked this post
  10. #206
    Senior Member fat controller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Middlesex
    Posts
    1,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnandhisjags View Post
    Well Russ I seem to remember you from years ago when I appeared under my alias Billybobble and we had Jaguarman on the XJS forum. Happy days.
    Its great that you are back in the land of the living my old dear departed Mum told me before she died to enjoy every day you have because life is short.... wise words
    Wise words indeed, and thank you I do remember your username of Billybobble, purely because it reminded me of Boaby, which is a word we Scots use as an alternative name for a gentleman sausage........ I also remember Jaguarman too! Nice to see you still around
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

    It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •