Thread: Is it possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible?

I would like to fit a reversing camera that would show the image on my smartphone that sits as shown when I'm out and about.
    Ideally I would like the image to show on the built in screen (sat nav, radio, etc.) but don't want to go to big expense, re-wiring etc.

Any ideas gang?..........................................IP

2006 3.0Ltr. S type ..... Radiance Red Metallic, Chrome grille complete with Red and Black S Type Growler badge, fully loaded.
    Hands free smartphone connected successfully thanks to members of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi IP, yes there are a number of packages out there that will do it. Here is one https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Wireless-Un...23rd/556628589

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 116K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

3. Thanks Irish Pappy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you want screen mirroring from your phone?
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Escolme View Post
    Sounds like you want screen mirroring from your phone?
    Sorry Alec you lost me. What is screen mirroring?

Regards......................................IP
    2006 3.0Ltr. S type ..... Radiance Red Metallic, Chrome grille complete with Red and Black S Type Growler badge, fully loaded.
    Hands free smartphone connected successfully thanks to members of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Screen mirroring is method when you can send the screen image from one device to another device. For example a google Chromecast means that you can watch a picture from a android phone on the television but they both have to be on the same Wi-Fi net. You would have to change the system on your car to be an Android system.

I don't know how you would do it in your car using your display.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

7. Thanks Irish Pappy thanked for this post