Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stop/Start has stopped!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ranny,
    I too do mainly short journeys but if I leave the car unattended for any length of time, say whilst on holiday, I always switch off auto things like lights,wipers, media and ac as I know there are various computers chugging away in the background which can lower the state of charge.
    I too detest the SS and notice that on the E pace I had as a service loan car it defaults toOFF whereas mine defaults to ON.... Mind you I live with it as I’m too lazy to switch it off every time I get in the car.
    PETER DAVIES, 2016 XF 2.0 diesel Portfolio. 1967 Mark2 (240.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Start/Stop is always on as its used to pass emmisions hence it becomes part of the legals.

I wouldn't worry about turning the auto lights etc off when leaving the vehicle for a period of time, once the CAN bus goes to sleep so do the key functions, none of the items listed will impact discharge rate.

The items that do drain the battery will be Telematics, BCM, security systems etc as they are always on (all be it in a low power mode), also parking by a busy road, windy place etc will drain the battery as when movement is detected certain parts wake up and check the security of the car.....

3. Likes Poundy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All very interesting info, thanks for all the comments. I am away from my car again for about a week and will see what it is like after it has been sitting in the cold and wet unused for that time. I imagine it will be okay as it used to be fine until I had the "low battery" for which I blame my girlfriend, couldn't possibly be anything I did wrong.....
    2017 XFS 3.0D with privacy glass, black pack, sunroof.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234