Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: C16 RKC's Daimler Super V8 project thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out it was holding the car together....

I removed the last piece last night, and the car fell apart on my drive....
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB (Work horse)
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Project car)

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

www.autosanity.com

2. Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Turns out it was holding the car together....

I removed the last piece last night, and the car fell apart on my drive....
    Tell the BBC - it may be a Banksy!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

4. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard from Peter last night, which was great. As I suspected he had not been well, so I was incredibly grateful he took the time to write to me.
    Was great to hear from him, and he had some great advice on the car, and the things I want to do, he certainly seems to be missing the car....!
    Nice one Chris, surely he has to be the best source of info on the car too?
    Its good and shows he has some love for the car, although not perhaps in a keep it well maintained, oiled and greased, use correct parts NOT sticky tape clean type of way

Its funny, I was actually talking to Chris, the new owner of my X358 yesterday too. I was actually speaking to my Indy, just a catch up call for the craic and he told me that Chris had been in touch for a gearbox service, so I thought I'd call him.
    Hi Chris, how's things? I just thought I'd call as memory serves the X358 must be due a gearbox service and thought I'd let you know, his reaction was priceless lol

Its always good to talk to him, tells me how he's enjoying the car, racking up the miles and the plans he has for her etc etc. He knows he can contact me at any time if there's anything I can help with

How's your X358 Chris?
    Are you still showing her the love, or is she neglected and just "used"?

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many Chrises. (Chrisses? Chris's? What is the plural of Chris anyway?). We all need numbers or nicknames or something.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

8. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Too many Chrises. (Chrisses? Chris's? What is the plural of Chris anyway?). We all need numbers or nicknames or something.
    This message was meant for the Anti Chris T

I hear you though, it's a very common name, perhaps we should go with ClarkE and Red

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

10. Likes mac_doctor, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the collective term for lots of Chris's is a 'Murder'... as in crows.... and you can't have too many Chris's, we're all adorable.

My X358 is being used and abused like always Jim.... its kind of a workhorse that gets spoilt every now and then. Don't get me wrong it's probably looked after much more than the average car. With any of my cars, if I hear a squeak or rattle they are straight to the garage to sort it, likewise if something is damaged it is repaired pretty much straight away. But by my old standards, where I pretty much detailed the car every weekend (when I was young and single!) are long gone.

Must say though, the X358 has been an incredibly reliable car! I bought it with under 40K miles in 2016, it now has over 100K and still pulling strong! From memory I have not known any unplanned issues other than a windscreen washer pump, and handbrake cable wearing through. The rest has just been general wear and tear.

I know the X358 is not perfect, and there are things it does not have I'd like. But it really is one of Jaguar's finest hours!
    Regards
    Chris Clark

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

www.autosanity.com

12. Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the collective term for lots of Chris's is a 'Murder'... as in crows.... and you can't have too many Chris's, we're all adorable.

My X358 is being used and abused like always Jim.... its kind of a workhorse that gets spoilt every now and then. Don't get me wrong it's probably looked after much more than the average car. With any of my cars, if I hear a squeak or rattle they are straight to the garage to sort it, likewise if something is damaged it is repaired pretty much straight away. But by my old standards, where I pretty much detailed the car every weekend (when I was young and single!) are long gone.

Must say though, the X358 has been an incredibly reliable car! I bought it with under 40K miles in 2016, it now has over 100K and still pulling strong! From memory I have not known any unplanned issues other than a windscreen washer pump, and handbrake cable wearing through. The rest has just been general wear and tear.

I know the X358 is not perfect, and there are things it does not have I'd like. But it really is one of Jaguar's finest hours!
    No argument from me on that one Chris, highly under rated and sometimes maligned

Jim

14. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rats!

I'm off to London tomorrow to prance around a building site... I hate the places, full of nannying and over the top health and safety...

Cannot think of many worse ways to spend a Saturday!

Was really looking forward to a few hours on the Daimler, let's hope I get some time on Sunday.
    Regards
    Chris Clark

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Rats!

I'm off to London tomorrow to prance around a building site... I hate the places, full of nannying and over the top health and safety...
    Cannot think of many worse ways to spend a Saturday!

Was really looking forward to a few hours on the Daimler, let's hope I get some time on Sunday.
    No joy Chris, shame you couldn't postpone until Tuesday next week, looks like I may have a crazy trip down late Monday for early start on Tuesday am, heading for Aldershot by the looks of it.
    I can't do that madness down there, so it'll be leaving here around 11pm for a 7am or so arrival before it gets outta hand lol

You are so right about the OTT Health & Safety thing too Chris, I see this everyday in quarries etc, it's done absolutely bonkers to the point where it really interferes with actually doing any work lol.
    Hope all goes well and you get some time on Sunday mate

Jim

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789