Thread: S Type Data / Spec site

Post Thanks / Like

S Type Data / Spec site

Hi All

I stumbled on the XKEData.com website and found some history on my E Type. By simply adding the VIN you can do a search or add the data yourself.

Is there a similar site for my old S Type's? So, if anyone does know of any such site please do share because I have owned my 1966 3.4 for 5 years but I know very little on the history other than I bought it in the Czech Republic when I was working there and drove her home. Previously she was registered in California. Other than that I couldn't say if it's had an engine rebuild or any modifications etc.

Thanks

Paul
    1966 3.4 S Type original mileage ?
    1969 4.2 Series 2 E Type mileage rather not guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Come and join the S Type international register and forum which can be found at http://www.jagstyperegister.com and http://www.jagstyperegister.com/forum. This is an international website purely for the 1960s S Type Jaguar and has lots of helpful topics, information and possibly some details of your S Types history.
    Your profile says you are in England but where in England as we have members all over the country. I am based in Devon.
    Rob.C.
    1968 Jaguar S Type 3.4 Auto Old English white
    2006 X type SE 2.0d Estate
    1966 Ford Anglia 1760 X flow
    1993 Yamaha FJ1200
    2012 Old English Sheep Dog White and Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rob

I will definitely register, so thanks for sharing those sites. As for my old S Type she's totally stock and I'd just like to try and find out a little bit about the Dowager.
    She is, also from the other side of the pond and being right hand drive I think its pretty rare for a Californian.

I live between the New Forrest and Southampton so not a million miles away.

Thanks

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    David Riley who runs the S Type registry might have some details of the car if it has already been registered by one of the previous owners. Another way of learning the originality of the vehicle is to get a Heritage certificate for the car which can be gained from here. https://www.jaguarheritage.com/archi.../certificates/ This like a birth certificate for your car and a good place to start. It should tell you who the first owner was, colours in and out and all the original numbers so you can check them off. I was lucky with my S Type as it was a one owner from new car, 65k mile car when I bought it and although the original owner had died I was able to speak to the family who had the car in storage to learn the history from them. Even got a copy of a photo of the original owner with the car. Did not attend this year but I normally have a pilgrimage to Beaulieu every September for the Auto Jumble so not far from you.
    Rob.C.
    1968 Jaguar S Type 3.4 Auto Old English white
    2006 X type SE 2.0d Estate
    1966 Ford Anglia 1760 X flow
    1993 Yamaha FJ1200
    2012 Old English Sheep Dog White and Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I have sent David and Patricia my registration form and as much of the historical stuff as possible going back to 1985 when the car was in the US before starting all over in the Czech Republic in 2007 then being bought by me a few years before I repatriated her by driving her back to Blighty this year. As for Beaulieu yes it's very close to us and always has something interesting going on

About your car and in particular having a photo of the original owner with the car is really something and makes it all that little bit more interesting.