Thread: 2008 XF Luxury - Phone and Electronics issue

Post Thanks / Like

2008 XF Luxury - Phone and Electronics issue

Hope someone can help - firstly, I recently lost my phone connection with the car for a few days which then came back and has now gone completely, there is a logo always on the bottom of the screen of a phone with a strike through it, if I click on phone option on the main home menu it says "no phone found" "Would you like to search for a new phone?" when I click yes it makes a click but nothing happens and the picture of a phone with a strike through it is still there......any ideas? Can this be completely reset?

Also whilst driving I sometime completely lose all electronics - the screen goes black, the radio goes off, the heating vents close and then it suddenly comes straight back on again......again any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, the only things that come to mind are either there is a loose plug behind the unit or the unit itself is going faulty, sorry I can't help more. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply - fingers crossed it is something as simple as a loose plug. Was kind of hoping there was a way of rebooting the whole system without taking it in but I'm guessing I'll have to book it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if a battery disconnect would reboot the system, might be worth a try before shelling money out. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d also have the battery checked.

These cars are renowned for all sorts of electrical faults due to a dud battery.

Also, make sure there are no phones in the system. If yours is already there, delete it and re-pair. I`ve had similar in the past, usually with a phone OS update.
    2008 PremLux 2.7. Ex-Jag demo with all the toys and I mean, all the toys

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds very similar to the problems we have with our 2009 Portfolio 3.0.

Disconnecting the battery and doing a reset did gives us back our phone but only for a day or two then it will not connect again.

Replacing the battery did not help either.

It seems our Bluetooth module has become defective and needs replacing. It is located under the passengers seat and is very susceptible to water ingress or someone washing the carpets.

We did regular get the entire info system shut down but that seems to have stopped.

Jag indi garage quoted me £600 to fix with new unit from Jag and a full reprogram as it comes blank.

But apparently you can just swap out the module for an identical one from a breaker which hopefully is running the same version of software. I picked one up for £40 but have not had a chance to fit yet due to other issues with the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    To second Darkstar's comment - the Freelander2 has a very similar/ identical setup to the XF. When we bought the Freelander it had a fault where the nav/stereo would turn itself off and back on again repeatedly. It went back to the dealer who replaced the bluetooth module. Not had a problem since.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced the TPMS module under the drivers seat so should imagine it's similar to do. Used workshop manual. Lots of cable under there and seat is VERY heavy - I tilted it forward. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar_Surfer View Post
    This sounds very similar to the problems we have with our 2009 Portfolio 3.0.

Disconnecting the battery and doing a reset did gives us back our phone but only for a day or two then it will not connect again.

Replacing the battery did not help either.

It seems our Bluetooth module has become defective and needs replacing. It is located under the passengers seat and is very susceptible to water ingress or someone washing the carpets.

We did regular get the entire info system shut down but that seems to have stopped.

Jag indi garage quoted me £600 to fix with new unit from Jag and a full reprogram as it comes blank.

But apparently you can just swap out the module for an identical one from a breaker which hopefully is running the same version of software. I picked one up for £40 but have not had a chance to fit yet due to other issues with the car.
    2010 XFS 3.0D Portfolio with all toys (ACC/Voice/TV etc) except sunroof