Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question about led bulbs headlights

Post Thanks / Like
    What does my head in is now do the manufacturers get away with those piddling little indicators which you cannot see when the brake lights are on. There must be a standard out there.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a big update with practicality and evidence regarding led head lights. Shall I make a new thread or post here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just post it here.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 116K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    Got a big update with practicality and evidence regarding led head lights. Shall I make a new thread or post here?
    Here to complete this thread please AF.

Then if you would, please update the thread in our S Type Stickies too so that it can be found by future LED Heads!

Actual findings are far better than supposition.

Ta!

Post Thanks / Like
    So as you all know untill I don’t do th f up I don’t sit still or learn and have to try being in the aerospace industry it’s my nature. We are all mad crazy scientists.

So I decided to try led headlights and went and grabbed me some h7 leds which were these ones

H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, 10800LM Head Lamps - Car Replacement Lights of Halogen and Xenon Kit - 6000K White 12/24V https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078XQY3..._vF3ZBbQBX2CV0

The beauty of these are I was able to fit these in without removing the bumper or the headlights the units were very small dropped straight in the cable and the powering unit slid through the holder pins very easily and the clip with a gentle bit of persuasion slid over the back fan unit and clipped into place.

Every thing tucked in nicely inside the headlamp and the covers put back on without any issues.

As you can see the leds are very tiny also the same size as the bulb filament and on both sides.

Been using them for a few days now drove from east London to Birmingham on motorways dual carriage ways country roads they are very bright and give a white clear light and not had anyone flash at me. I also went to my local mot station to ask him to check my headlights and he moved this unit accross and said all was in place and no scatter or light going where it shouldn’t.

So if I was to recommend any led lights that are tiny bright and do a great job without the trial and error these would be it.

They came well professionally packaged a vip support card and all the right documents as a professional company would give with their products. Very pleased and happy.

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Thumbs up, AF!

Excellent price, I'm tempted to fit them to our Prado as the laws aren't enforced here.

And MoT is every 2 years here.

I have to replace the dimmed Philips Xtreme Vision +130% bulbs anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    So as you all know untill I don’t do th f up I don’t sit still or learn and have to try being in the aerospace industry it’s my nature. We are all mad crazy scientists.

So I decided to try led headlights and went and grabbed me some h7 leds which were these ones

H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, 10800LM Head Lamps - Car Replacement Lights of Halogen and Xenon Kit - 6000K White 12/24V https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078XQY3..._vF3ZBbQBX2CV0

The beauty of these are I was able to fit these in without removing the bumper or the headlights the units were very small dropped straight in the cable and the powering unit slid through the holder pins very easily and the clip with a gentle bit of persuasion slid over the back fan unit and clipped into place.

Every thing tucked in nicely inside the headlamp and the covers put back on without any issues.

As you can see the leds are very tiny also the same size as the bulb filament and on both sides.

Been using them for a few days now drove from east London to Birmingham on motorways dual carriage ways country roads they are very bright and give a white clear light and not had anyone flash at me. I also went to my local mot station to ask him to check my headlights and he moved this unit accross and said all was in place and no scatter or light going where it shouldn’t.

So if I was to recommend any led lights that are tiny bright and do a great job without the trial and error these would be it.

They came well professionally packaged a vip support card and all the right documents as a professional company would give with their products. Very pleased and happy.

Regards
    AF
    Interesting, but they are still not UK type approved, so not legal on UK roads, & a bit of a concern that they claim " light cut almost same as conventional halogen" suggesting that they do not replicate the light output patterns of halogen bulb, but most worrying of all is they state "▲NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CANBUS PROTOCOL! (MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLE DOES NOT EQUIP CANBUS BEFORE YOUR PURCHASE!)" & of course our S types are canbus equipped.

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, it's a modification so inform the insurer (though that does not make the lights legal).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234