Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is the s type becoming a classic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor old Victors S type was almost history (write off) yesterday. Just left granddaughters, gentle progress, and a stupid (yes) woman in an Audi SUV came straight out of a side road, swung wide directly into my path . It was either head on smash or take avoiding action. Well the N/S curb edge proved too much for the Jaguar, ripped a piece out of a nearly new Michelin, I haven't examined the wheel yet. The STUPID woman in the Audi ?? she didn't hang around to exchange pleasantries, she reversed quickly back from where she came, turned it round and was off the other way like a rat up a drainpipe.
    Some nice people from a nearby house helped me change the wheel and calmed Mrs V down .
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, there is more and more of this kind of thing about. Bad enough that she did that, but to cut and run makes it far worse!
    Maybe we all need to get dashcams, so that we have the registration, and can show what they did: I have been thinking about it for ages, but never taken the plunge.
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to "stereotype"...And will probably come in for some flack here but whenever I'm out on the road and the car behind me or in front of me does something daft !!!!! It's usually...And in most cases ....An Audi ?.....My belief being confirmed by an article iveI just read in the press that Audi drivers are top of a list of bad drivers ??....

Post Thanks / Like
    Used to be BMW. Now they have all changed to derv equipped Audi planet killers.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Poor old Victors S type was almost history (write off) yesterday. Just left granddaughters, gentle progress, and a stupid (yes) woman in an Audi SUV came straight out of a side road, swung wide directly into my path . It was either head on smash or take avoiding action. Well the N/S curb edge proved too much for the Jaguar, ripped a piece out of a nearly new Michelin, I haven't examined the wheel yet. The STUPID woman in the Audi ?? she didn't hang around to exchange pleasantries, she reversed quickly back from where she came, turned it round and was off the other way like a rat up a drainpipe.
    Some nice people from a nearby house helped me change the wheel and calmed Mrs V down .
    Sorry to hear about this Victor. However the most important thing is that you and your wife were not hurt.

I wish you a merry Christmas and hope that your wife has placed a nice bottle of whiskey under the tree for you. So that you can call your nerves.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, she's still a bit shocked but I expect the gin bottle this evening will calm her. I shall invest in a dashcam.
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago my local classic car repair garage bought a whole crypton tune machine ( remember them ?)... It came with 3 inch floppy discs !!..And full manuals !

Got to keep these thing alive......

Post Thanks / Like
    She either had no Christmas Spirit... or was too full of Christmas spirit... if you catch my drift.. Hope the rim is OK Victor.
    "A Vodka Martini."
    'Shaken or stirred?'
    "Do I look like I give a damn?"

X-Type SE 3.0L Auto silver, SE 2500 Auto, Adriatic Blue, deceased

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about that, I think SUVs are too big for most women to handle.
    If you want to see how lucky you are have a look at You Tube and click on Russian dash cam crashes.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Thanks, she's still a bit shocked but I expect the gin bottle this evening will calm her. I shall invest in a dashcam.

I have a shotgun works a lot better than a dash cam
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

11. Likes S-Type Owner liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast