Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is the s type becoming a classic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    I have a shotgun works a lot better than a dash cam
    That response sounds positively "American"...
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

2. Likes Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok fess up, how do you have a shotgun in Germany? Or is that not really a shotgun?

Here in "Live Free or Die" NH we own firearms and know how to do so safely without pointing them at each other. But in Germany?

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a joke

However I do own a 0.67 calibre Baker rifle and two gentlemen's travelling pistols which are 0.75.

I am also a member of the German Masters team for target shooting a Smooth bore cannon at target without a sight.

I am also trying to organise a new competition where we can shoot mortars which use Olympic shot put balls.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

5. Likes S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to say.......excellent service from a local tyre house at 12 noon Christmas Eve, they sourced the tyre, fitted it, balanced, etc etc. I was well pleased, all the country were wanting to get finished for the festive break and these fellas went the extra yard.
    GW Tyres, Flanshaw Way, Wakefield,WF2 9LP. (01924 278839)
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

7. Likes S-Type Owner, ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Got to say.......excellent service from a local tyre house at 12 noon Christmas Eve, they sourced the tyre, fitted it, balanced, etc etc. I was well pleased, all the country were wanting to get finished for the festive break and these fellas went the extra yard.
    GW Tyres, Flanshaw Way, Wakefield,WF2 9LP. (01924 278839)
    Well done,Victor!

But did you catch the 'little angel' that put the screw in your tyre?

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac0518 View Post
    Ok fess up, how do you have a shotgun in Germany? Or is that not really a shotgun?

Here in "Live Free or Die" NH we own firearms and know how to do so safely without pointing them at each other. But in Germany?
    In Germany when they pull a shotgun you know it's an edible one!

Especially this time of year, they're made of gingerbread with cinnamon! And if you're lucky the shot pellets will be chocolate!

Now if ducmon's working on a cannon...!

Merry Christmas and bugger off, spend time with your families until tomorrow, you sad lot!

10. Likes S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not happy. Not only has it cost me inconvenience and a new tyre, on examination it got the alloy as well. Now this is not an exaggeration, in 14 and a half years the alloys on my car have NEVER been 'curbed'(?? spelling)not once , and now because of one stupid moronic woman driver, I'm going to have to get it refurbed and repaired.
    It's safe to say I'm b loody furious. The money is not the main issue , it's the fact that the gutless driver caused the incident and drove away in the opposite direction.
    It's easy to be wise with hind sight but a dash cam is definitely going to be hard wired in.

Edit.................and it's going to need the tracking checked.

Mr ducmon posed the question about the S type becoming a classic, well I think it already IS a classic.
    I like my S Type, that's why I've kept it all these years and yes, I've spent a shilling or three keeping it in good nick..............and then something like this happens,
    Last edited by Victor; 26-12-18 at 09:22.
    A very cynical grumpy old man
    Late 2004 2.7D auto
    Connoisseur of Fine Ales
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - What a ride, where are the wimmin?"

12. Likes ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Victor, no one welcomes your unfortunate experience, particularly at that point in the pre festive activities, and it's great that you found a company which were kind enough to help out at the last minute.

One kurbed wheel in 14.5 years? Most would consider this to be remarkably lucky, and yes, losing this luck due to someone else's fault, can be considered a significant misfortune.
    My slant on life and problems is now - a problem is the worse thing that happens to you at any one point in time- tomorrow it may be superseded by a more significant issue!

We hear of so many unfortunate folks in difficulties with serious illness etc. that a little bit of damage to a chunk of wheel metal may be another man's insignificant passing slight inconvenience.
    Anyway Victor - just a moderating viewpoint.
    Regards,
    Austin.
    2003 X350 V6 Sport.

14. Likes stanboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It used to be (is still) spelt "kerb".

But today where the masses overrule..?

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m with Victor on this! True others may have greater problems, but when this kind of thing happens it really gets to me!

A few years ago, when I had an XF 3.0D S with 20 inch wheels, I was in the right hand lane since I was turning right at a roundabout, and a woman in a Mercedes was in the left hand lane. We entered the roundabout thus, but she then veered into my lane forcing me to choose between a side collision, or mounting the roundabout. Like Victor I chose to avoid a collision, she drove on her way without any acknowledgement at all, and I suffered a damaged rim (though funnily enough the tyre wasn’t damaged).

The whole episode bugged me for weeks, and I still think about it every time I approach that roundabout.
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

17. Likes Victor liked this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast