Thread: Art of Performance day

Post Thanks / Like

Art of Performance day

Went to Goodwood house to drive the i Pace today, lovely car, legroom is good in the back, I put the driver’s seat at my setting then sat behind it and I still had a hands width of room between knee and seat.

The acceleration and regen braking does take a bit of getting used to, but wow it just flies along! Lovely interior too.

Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

2. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Styling isn't my cup of tea, but atleast it goes well.

what is the handling like?
    They said it couldn't be done, so i didn't do it

Post Thanks / Like
    With the weight being mostly in the lower half of the car, there’s hardly any body roll, they’ve done a great job of making a good handling car seeing as it weighs 2133kg. I was very impressed and is definitely on the list for when the XE needs replacing, it’s that good.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

5. Likes Henry_B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry_B View Post
    Styling isn't my cup of tea, but atleast it goes well.

what is the handling like?
    Agree the styling is awful especially the area beneath the Headlamps and those terrible looking air intakes. As Henry say's "Not my cup of Tea."
    As far as the mileage range is concerned, though better than most, it is still not an every day practical range. 400 miles would be more realistic.
    I honestly believe that the use of batteries is the completely wrong way to go and Jaguar have missed a great opportunity in developing their electric car by deciding on Battery Power.
    The future lies with Hydrogen and the use of the Fuel Cell. Hydrogen, not in Gas form, but using the method developed by Cella Energy is the future. A very safe way to store Hydrogen, with very quick refuelling times involved, nearly equal to that of petrol and diesel refuelling times.
    Go to :- http://cellaenergy.com
    Last edited by telferstr; 22-10-18 at 15:40.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

7. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Headed to Miami for vacation next week. It happens to coincide with a US Jaguar Electric Experience event to introduce the I-Pace here. I've signed up for a test drive. Really looking forward to it.
    I think concerns about range are overblown. I could drive my normal urban work commute for a whole week on a single charge with one of these. My Vanden Plas 4.0L only gets about 275-290 miles to reserve before refills on the same commute. A tank of gas a week, typically around 18 gallon fillup.
    The key to electric range on long trips is to plan frequent short breaks ahead of time and top up the charge for 20 minutes or so rather than drain the battery completely requiring long charge cycles. That is getting much easier to do here.
    Miami is a 900 mile trip. We generally plan to drive it in 3 leisurely legs with two overnights on the way, so planning overnight and meal stops with available charging stations would make this very possible in an I-pace. the bonus is that many cities and some hotel chains are beginning to offer free charging with parking tolls.
    Last edited by XJrazz; 02-11-18 at 06:41.