Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck's Jaguar D Type Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely superb, loving this thread and the detail you put into it.

This is going to be an amazing project and one I'm looking forward to checking in on frequently

Thanks for sharing
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes Super350, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The level of detail (in the write ups as well as the engineering) is fascinating.

Seeing the end result of all this work will be tremendous, but I'm really enjoying the story too.

Thanks!

Simon
    2003 Super V8 SWB

4. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW to building a second engine to use in an actual LeMans D-type so the first would be preserved. That means the owner is actively using the car. That is so great.
    The whole set-up is wonderful. A converted warehouse with two floors for living and the shop just downstairs.
    Thanks for the excellent pictures and detailed descriptions. Learning tons. Keep them coming.

6. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Engine Details

The Jag six cylinder was in production for some sixty years and came in three primary displacements: 3.4, 3.8 and 4.2. They look about the same but there are differences. The D Type originally had a 3.4 and later a 3.8 liter engine (with a wide angle head and dry sump) but we opted to go with a 4.2 block. It is the most recent version, is readily available, and obviously has a larger displacement. Here are a couple construction progress photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Block3Comp.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	29204

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crank1Comp.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	29205

8. Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it looks like we have a problem.

I cannot upload pictures because I have reached my 3.8 meg limit.

Sort of puts an end to my build blog on this forum.

I am running a parallel blog over at GT40s.com, which does not have such restrictions. Here is the link to the most recent posts.

https://www.gt40s.com/threads/chucks...d.52688/page-2

If someone can tell me how to get around the space limit on photos let me know and I will keep posting.

Chuck

10. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chuck, looking good on the engine build, thanks for the update

No need to stop here, yes the limits are low but there are easy ways around it. As most of us do on the many forums we use, check out a pic hosting site such as Postimage.org or similar, we used to use Photobucket but they seemed to go a little haywire.

They're free and you can add thousands of pictures there, all stored for free. Then it's a case of simply inserting the link to the picture here, all very simple

Cheers Chuck
    Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

12. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim.

I prefer not to set up yet another location for posting pictures and then adding links. Getting too complicated.

I will continue to post over at GT40s.com where there is no limit on picture posts. From time to time I will stop by and post a link to the most recent posts at that location for those that want to follow from this thread.

Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CESLAW View Post
    Thanks Jim.
    I prefer not to set up yet another location for posting pictures and then adding links. Getting too complicated. I will continue to post over at GT40s.com where there is no limit on picture posts.
    From time to time I will stop by and post a link to the most recent posts at that location for those that want to follow from this thread.
    Chuck
    Hey Chuck, no problem, whatever floats your boat as they say

Possibly like you, I and quite a few others are members of perhaps several forums if not more, each forum obviously has different rules, posting limits, image limits etc etc etc

I think that most of us feel having the original on your pc etc is fine, but having them stored in a central location where they can easily be found and or distributed / located etc, generally makes for an easier life all round

I'm sure anyone that's interested in this thread will just as easily follow the link to your GT40's forum to see if you want to go down that route too.

All my best
    Jim

15. Thanks equiprx thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12