Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asda tyres

Post Thanks / Like

Asda tyres

I needed a couple for the recent MOT and by chance came across www.asdatyres.co.uk

After much research & Googling I ended up with two 235/55R17 Eco607 103W for £120 fitted locally. Good tread pattern and no issues so far after ~1500 miles.

I'm possibly waaaay behind you lot but I never knew you could buy almond milk, Dettol, steak pies and tyres from the same place!
    1. I'll leave this link as a reminder to me of My First Love: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=77370
    2. My beautiful 2007 X-Type 2.5 Estate (with a mid-sport exhaust) in metallic Quartz Grey was written off in Nov '17 thanks to a moron kid in a Fiesta who thought it'd be a good idea to pull off Mummy's drive with a totally misted up screen.....
    3. My new love is a pristine 2003 XJ6 X350 3.0 auto

2. Likes fat controller, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super. More chinese junk rubber.... Good luck with them.

A quick search...

https://www.tyretest.com/web/pages/a...azzini/eco-605
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

4. Dislikes Winchester12g disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winchester, can't honestly say I've heard of that tyre so hard to comment for sure...

I remember when I first tried the Barum Bravuris 3HM tyres ( made by Continental in Czech Rep ) I actively tested them I the dry and the wet, literally throwing the car into bends and roundabouts etc trying to get them to break grip. I did this so I knew the limits of the tyre and how they'd handle, all was well...

Might be worth trying something similar yourself so you know what to expect

Blackcircles are a good source moving forward as are Oponeo and usually have partnered fitting sites local to you too.
    Hope all is well with you

Safe motoring, winter is coming, just around the corner, was jusssst that little bit colder today lol
    Best
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post

A quick search...

Thanks Mr Happy Happy Happy Chappy - I'll be sure to let you know immediately when they fail so you can come back with that ol' chestnut - "I don't want to say I told you so, but.....", just so you can click your Smug Meter up another notch

It may be worth remembering that financial budgets play a part in many people's lives, but you're evidently in that enviable position where money's no object. However thanks for taking up your valuable time in researching this on my behalf; it's beyond appreciated and I'll be sure to ask you for advice in the future before I part with a single penny piece

I also should've given a minute's thought to just how few goods are manufactured in China. How foolish of me to forget that all 27 products that are shipped globally from there every 2 years are wholly substandard.....

Finally, remember that EVERY review of ANY item or experience is an opinion - just an opinion of one person. Just because Mrs Albert Atherington from Doncastershire says their egg slicer is a waste of money, doesn't. actually. mean. that. it. is.

Geddit??
    Last edited by Winchester12g; 29-10-18 at 20:35.
    1. I'll leave this link as a reminder to me of My First Love: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=77370
    2. My beautiful 2007 X-Type 2.5 Estate (with a mid-sport exhaust) in metallic Quartz Grey was written off in Nov '17 thanks to a moron kid in a Fiesta who thought it'd be a good idea to pull off Mummy's drive with a totally misted up screen.....

8. Likes stanboy, jagary, Rowley_1812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Hi Winchester, can't honestly say I've heard of that tyre so hard to comment for sure...

I remember when I first tried the Barum Bravuris 3HM tyres ( made by Continental in Czech Rep ) I actively tested them I the dry and the wet, literally throwing the car into bends and roundabouts etc trying to get them to break grip. I did this so I knew the limits of the tyre and how they'd handle, all was well...

Might be worth trying something similar yourself so you know what to expect

Blackcircles are a good source moving forward as are Oponeo and usually have partnered fitting sites local to you too.
    Hope all is well with you

Safe motoring, winter is coming, just around the corner, was jusssst that little bit colder today lol
    Best
    Jim
    Hey Jim, hope you're well buddy!

A few days after having them fitted I drove to a deserted industrial estate in heavy Sunday rain, and proceeded to do just what you advise. There are some sharp bends and a few different-sized roundabouts there, so it's an ideal testing ground!

Try as I might, the car simply would not slide and held the corners admirably. Whilst I've only driven about 1k miles so far they appear to be ok, and I'd be surprised if Asda would partner with 'Chinese junk rubber' from a safety & reputation perspective.

Keep warm!

James

10. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester12g View Post
    I'm possibly waaaay behind you lot but I never knew you could buy almond milk, Dettol, steak pies and tyres from the same place!
    ... not to mention socks, christmas cards, celery and tonic!

More commonly referred to as 'the death of the High Street' I believe!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

12. Likes Winchester12g liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post

A quick search...

I confess that I am generally a branded rubber kinda guy (admittedly, the tyres on mine at the moment aren't, but that is on the list) - indeed, in the past I have chickened out from buying cheaper rubber and put myself in a bit of difficulty for a few months to be able to buy the branded stuff, but I do wonder how bad these tyres are nowadays? There are surely so many regulations and standards that they have to meet, plus the fact that we have consumer rights in this country, are they really going to be all that awful?

Don't get me wrong, I am with you - given the grunt that my old V8 chucks out, I want everything on my side when it comes to sticking to the black stuff; but.... given that I am mostly going to be on town roads or motorways, with maybe 5% A-roads and that my days of hooning about are pretty much gone......... or are the Chinese brands still that bad that they essentially should not be on sale?
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience of budget tyres on vans, is they are to avoid. I have had some scary moments with these fitted, the wear rate was not great either. I would hate to think what they would be like on a car with decent performance.

I have had great results from medium brand tyres, such as Avon, Uniroyal and Kumo, no real issues with these in comparison to the budgets.

I don't think many on this forum are suggesting you should only fit £200 tyres, but on a once expensive car such as a XJ, tyres are not to be scrimped on imo.

Hopefully you new tyres work out for you
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

15. Likes Winchester12g, fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    I confess that I am generally a branded rubber kinda guy (admittedly, the tyres on mine at the moment aren't, but that is on the list) - indeed, in the past I have chickened out from buying cheaper rubber and put myself in a bit of difficulty for a few months to be able to buy the branded stuff, but I do wonder how bad these tyres are nowadays? There are surely so many regulations and standards that they have to meet, plus the fact that we have consumer rights in this country, are they really going to be all that awful?

Don't get me wrong, I am with you - given the grunt that my old V8 chucks out, I want everything on my side when it comes to sticking to the black stuff; but.... given that I am mostly going to be on town roads or motorways, with maybe 5% A-roads and that my days of hooning about are pretty much gone......... or are the Chinese brands still that bad that they essentially should not be on sale?
    Strangely, the very worst tyres I've ever had experience of were Pirelli and Continental, especially the latter.

But I'll repeat what I said to Cheerful Charlie earlier: "....remember that EVERY review of ANY item or experience is an opinion - just an opinion of one person...."

17. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mazzini tyres are a $h1t tyre for an undiscerning driver. Enjoy....

https://www.tirestest.com/web/pages/...azzini/eco-605

"In 2012, Best Choice sold 3 million all kinds of tires worldwide. Best Choice is a major marketer of many Chinese tire brands, including: Sunny, Goodride, BCT, Autoguard, Doublestar, Yellowsea, Linglong. It is sole agent in several appointed countries. From 2007, Best Choice started to market private “SUNEW”, “MAZZINI”, “CAPTAIN” brand high performance passenger car tires and truck & bus tires. It has own technical ability to develop new products and make new sizes quickly to meet changing demand."

All these brands are well known ditch finders.
    Last edited by OutRun; 29-10-18 at 21:48.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast