Thread: New Rear Suspension Upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

New Rear Suspension Upgrade

I have seen this new conversion and wondering if anyone had experience or thoughts about it.

https://www.sngbarratt.com/uk/#!/Eng...e-3bea0049d5c2
    2004 Jaguar X350 XJ8 4.2SE Pacific Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Cybercontrolller,

I have no experience of it but a picture would have been nice to see what they are actually selling?

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not able to give much more although I understand it replaces the leaf springs. Really interested to hear from anyone who is going to use this.
    2004 Jaguar X350 XJ8 4.2SE Pacific Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Cybercontroller,

you seem to have little feed back on this query.
    For what it's worth my view is that there is not a lot of advantage of coil springs over leaf springs (I'm talking about from the owners point of view rather than from a manufacturers which is often down to cost and ease of construction). I would imagine that the conversion entails replacing the leaf spring with a location rod and altering the lateral location. The Original Jaguar designed panhard rod is a poor effort in my view as it is so short, so lateral movement with suspension deflection will be quite large.

My intention, in the future, for my own car is either a full width panhard rod or preferably if I can fit it in to use a Watt linkage.

Alec
    2004 2.5 X Type Estate, MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.