Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 5.0 XKR

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks chap, starting to feel more like "my car" now.
    Current: 2009 XKR 5.0
    Previous: 2008 XKR 4.2

I take photos of cars! Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a wonderful car, as are all XK's, gradually being tastefully modded to your exacting standards.

It'll have to be, as a professional photographer, anything not just right will be highlighted and it'll play havoc with any OCD.

The Nevis wheels, I love them, no idea why other than they have SUPERCHARGED etched within them.

I've considered the same for my Super, still am.

I appreciate and concur, a set of black wheels to match what you've already changed, would suit it better.

Have the Nevis wheels powder coated black, it'd be my choice. There is a set for sale on the web already refurbished in black for you to have a look at.

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Waft 'N' Loud
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

3. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words! I may yet have the wheels done in gloss black. I need to sell the Cremona wheels I had on my old 4.2 first, just a shame they won't fit the 5.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics. Looks in really good nick and the engine choice makes me grin already. The grill change isn't so noticeable, and the original can be stored out of harms way.

I like the silver wheels but I also like the aggressive look of black wheels.

How about getting the wheels vinyl coated. Black the wheels, and the original wheel paint gets protected.

Happy days. Go on, give it the beans. Cheers.

6. Likes 8bit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Good shout on coating the wheels, I bought some spray-on vinyl stuff recently so I might give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice car! I am loving the subtle modifications, they add something to the car without making it look like its been modified by a boy racer.

I actually love the Nevis wheels, one of my favourite designs since I saw them on the XFR models. But I'm not so keep on black wheels myself; each to their own though; we're all different.

Your photos make the thread extra enjoyable! One for me to keep an eye on for sure!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2004 BMW 730d (Daily workhorse)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 1994 Renault Clio(!), 1999 Mercedes S430L, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel, 2003 Mercedes S320CDi, 2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Chris! I've modified all my cars in some way, always gone for the "less is more" approach. The last thing I'd want to do is turn something like an XKR into a boy race car...

I was looking on another forum last night and found a shot of a silver 5.0 car with the black pack grilles and black Nevis wheels:

I don't think I'd do the wing louvres in black and I definitely won't be doing what they've done with the splitter under the front lower grille but the wheels look better in black than I thought they would. Ordinarily I'm not a fan of black wheels either except maybe on a red car as you have to keep applying tyre dressing or the tyres look lighter than the wheels and that just looks silly. Salsa red with black pack looks amazing, I almost wish I'd held out for that.

Incidentally it's hard to tell from the angle of that shot but it looks like that car has the same bonnet vents as mine has:

I've been wondering what to do with these now I have the black grilles, I think from that other car photo that they've maybe done the outer part and the mesh in gloss black and left the chrome section as is, that might work...

10. Likes C16RKC, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    Thanks! Good shout on coating the wheels, I bought some spray-on vinyl stuff recently so I might give that a shot.
    You're welcome. Spray on vinyl, well there's a thing. I took my wheels off just to clean them inside with a scrubbing brush and it was exhausting.

5.0L supercharged, I bet you can't wait to get up in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much of a morning person so I wouldn't exactly go that far but the days where I use the car for my commute are certainly less of a thought than the days without

13. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fitted (most of) the interior LED lamp bulbs I bought last week. Got the cabin ones done - one in each footwell, the two map lights and the courtesy light in the overhead console. I went for Osram cool white bulbs, I just like their look better. This was shot with only the offside footwell bulb changed, for comparison's sake:

And this is after fitting the whole lot, with them all switched on:

Please excuse the glare on the left of the photo, I managed to lean heavily on my phone while using it as a torch last week when changing the front grilles and now the outer lens on the camera is cracked...

I did also get a couple of bulbs to fit in the lamps in the boot but it turns out they're too big so will have to have a think on that one. I know another member (joc64) just adapted the fittings to take the longer bulbs but I'll see if I can do it without having to.

15. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast