Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Eyed Monster or negative comments received on your X150

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
    Mwahaha!

Hey maybe she'll appreciate your studmuffiness even more? Reminds me of the '6 pack and hair growing back' from the purple bricks advert...SMSL (one up on the evacuation scale of the usual)
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo Blue with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2019 VW Arteon Elegance, 2.0 TDi, Turmeric Yellow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'll find you don't know your own back yard, there is a freight service from Immingham (Lincs) but they don't accept passengers and haven't since 2014.

So if you think there is one to Denmark from Newcastle, would suggest you post up a link to the service
    Hmmm. I did travel by car ferry from Newcastle to Denmark some years ago, and didn’t realise that the route had been dropped. I still see the DFDS boats coming and going, but it looks like it would now have to be Newcastle to Amsterdam, then overland to Denmark.
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

3. Likes MarkyM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I would would LIKE are some 30-40something female hotties leaving their phone numbers under my wipers (lipstick is a complete bugger to get off glass!) but am still waiting
    Result!! Dropped my son to football today and had two women wander over to look over my car and remarked that it was beautiful and asked how I kept it so clean

Another asked me if I was playing football or rugby...now guys I'm 53, (they were mid 30's) so was mightily flattered

I'll get me coat!
    2014 XK Dynamic R Coupe (no backbox, supercharger pulley upgrade and K&N's)
    Audi A6/C6 quattro - going soon
    Toyota C-HR Hybrid, gone
    Peugeot 2008 EAT6 with pan roof and heated seats - new addition

5. Likes joc64, hashluck, Jimbov8, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many positive comments about the looks and sound of my XKR . However one day I was worried..parked with the roof , down towards me came a man , wearing dirty jeans and a
    denim waist coat , shaven head , arms ,chest and neck covered in tattoos ..lips , nose and ears pierced.I thought in a minute he's going to spit in the car or worse. He stopped bent down looked in and said "Very nice .Must remember to do the lottery" and walked on !!!
    Jaguar XKR x150 Cabriolet 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Poof & he was gone!
    Last edited by MarkyM; 14-11-18 at 12:32.
    Toyota C-HR Hybrid, gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidsw View Post
    but then I don't think jaguar ever made a pedal car
    They did under license, know as my son had a BRG XKR one when he was 4, wish I could wind the clock back myself and get one of these:

https://www.fun4kids.com/jaguar-f-ty...SABEgIMcPD_BwE

Oh yeah baby...personal plate and everything!
    Toyota C-HR Hybrid, gone

Post Thanks / Like
    AWSM has been removed via anti spam method. Provided no input, swearing and abusive, not tolerated on here.

Thread tidied.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

10. Thanks Neilr, MarkyM, joc64, Daverichardson, Davidsw and 4 others thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given the title of the thread, more than a touch of irony in the AWSM post.
    2014 XF 3.0D Portfolio / 2006 Kia Picanto 1.1LX

12. Likes MarkyM, Aonsaithya, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went for a 3 minute drive yesterday (to pick up KFC for Mrs.......the classiest use of an XK ever?)

Anyway....as I fired it up 3 youths behind made the "oooh" face and gave it a thumbs up, I...may have driven away with slightly more throttle than was strictly necessary.

No negative comments yet, other than one friend thinking it was an F-type and being slightly disappointed.
    2007 XK Coupe (Prism Blue / Ivory)
    2002(51) X-type 2.5 SE Manual (Platinum / Warm Charcoal)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only ever had positive comments on the Jags I have owned.

When I had a 5-series some people thought it was funny to snear and say things like "you know that stands for Break My Windows"... and "did you realise BMW means Black Man's Wagon".. but I put that down to living in bumpkin land (Norfolk) and back then it was not normal for a 19 year old to be driving a 5 series, made worse by the fact I looked 12! Thanks to the influx of Eastern Europeans, it has now become more common to see young people driving around Norfolk in Mercs and BMWs, but when I was young most 17 year olds spent all their cash customising a tired Nova, Fiesta or Saxo. It always amused me that the Asian lads at cars shows were the only ones with the sense to buy something decent in the first place, where as us English just spent fortunes doing up awful family hatchbacks.

I had a pretty good experience owning his'n'hers Merc S Classes, next door complimented them once. But no one even acknowledges the Jags on our road. I think its because they mostly have brand new, but plain cars, and a posh cars means very little to them. People have always been friendly to me when asking about my past Jags though.

I always think if you are driving a German or Japanese car, people think you are flash; and might have money. But if you drive a Jag its a little different... a bit of a character... not sure why?... they just give a different impression?
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2010 Audi A6 Avant 2.0TDi Le Mans edition (Daily workhorse)
    2013 Peugeot 508 Hybrid (The Wife's car)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '04 BMW 730d, 2009 Mercedes CL500 V8

www.autosanity.com

15. Likes MarkyM liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast