Thread: Max Verstappen

Post Thanks / Like

Max Verstappen

Verstappen was definitely robbed of the win at the Brazillian Grand Prix by Ocon's stupid driving. But whilst his behaviour towards Ocon afterwards was understandable it was not acceptable. Max is a brilliant driver and a champion of the future but he needs to get control of his emotions when racing - it has already cost him a few incidents this season and will continue to have an impact if he does not find a way to manage himself. Same goes for Vettel which is one of the reasons that yet another championship has got away from him this year. Perhaps he and Max can find some anger management training to go to over the winter break - might help em next year!!!
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    It shows what a cool head Hamilton has on his shoulders - he has maximised most every situation this year while others have thrown bucket loads of points away - usually when they had a machinery advantage and should have made it stick. It was a very close season in terms of competition but Vettel cracked too often and Max was a complete mess in the first half of the season. His second half though has been pretty good. Max, like Alonso at the moment, complains too much and is not particularly likeable - only polite when he is winning - bit of a spoiled brat rather than a sporting hero!

On Sunday, Ocon should have made sure that he could make a clean pass but there is apparently no love lost between them two! Hamilton's post race comment to Max was telling though - he suggested to Max that he had more to lose and should have just let Ocon go. That's how you win races.
    Last edited by Neilr; 13-11-18 at 08:16.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

3. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AWSM View Post
    This season was not close in terms of competition. I actually doubt the factory Mercedes cars have ever been run to their full potential at any race this season.
    Did you actually watch the same season's racing?
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post

On Sunday, Ocon should have made sure that he could make a clean pass but there is apparently no love lost between them two! Hamilton's post race comment to Max was telling though - he suggested to Max that he had more to lose and should have just let Ocon go. That's how you win races.
    My thoughts, too.
    MV could easily have played the longer game; there was no rush to overtake EO on an S-bend on the track.
    For whatever reason, the "history" between EO and MV played itself out to MV ultimate disadvantage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whilst I am not a particular fan of Hamilton I respect his skills and abilities as a driver and F1 champion. His ability to keep his composure is one of the things that has helped him to achieve so much. Other drivers such MV and SB often seem to let their emotions take over, throwing away valuable points and wins and possibly championships. MV is a great driver and a potential future champion but if he is to achieve this he needs to get control of himself when the pressure is on.
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    Hamilton has improved right through his career and since ditching that "woman" he has never looked back. Max still thinks he is the best driver to sit in a Car and until he gets that thought out of his head he isn't going to do his potential justice. As for the Merc Cars this weekend they have nothing to lose by unleashing all the power they have so lets see how they go.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mercs have been behind many times this season and have not been able to catch the cars in front. In these instances they would not have been coasting so the opinion that the Mercs are miles faster is just not possible. There was little really difference in performance this year between the top three teams, which made the season so good. The points table make it look like an easy win for Mercedes but if a just few things had gone better for Ferrari, they could have won with the same margin. The advantage that Mercedes had in the previous years has been eroded away by Ferrari and RB, even with the "weak" Renault engine is close. I expect it is going to be even closer next year.
    Last edited by Neilr; 23-01-19 at 17:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't take anything away from him that his a good driver, but my only issue with him is that when he hits someone his attitude is 9 time out of 10 well it's racing ..... I wonder how he would've felt if Vettel had gone to hit him after China, so it seems with him that he can do things like this to others but no one can do it to him unfortunately.
    Cheers

Ken

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.