Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to buy myself for Christmas???

Post Thanks / Like

What to buy myself for Christmas???

Yep its that time again. Being tight fisted I also want to save myself some money so I will be aiming to buy my own presi on Black Friday when all the sales are on.

I am very lucky in that if I want something I just buy it these days. Done that to such an extent that I simply do not know what I want, I do keep getting asked too so it would be good to supply an answer.

Got enough good watches Rolex, Omega, etc Cannot get more cars on our small drive way, I have two. Motorbikes are too cold for me these days.

So come on guys................ What do I say when they ask ........... "Frank what can we get you for Christmas?"
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

2. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How are you off for front teeth?

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

4. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really nice problem you have there Frank... wish I had that problem!

How about:
    Track day?
    Get a car detailed?
    Nice trip away in a hotel?
    One of those new Super-HD televisions?

Or, if you have money burning through your pocket, you could always pay Ben Wilcox (our resident Gentleman electronics wizard) an unthinkable amount of money to develop Odroid for the XK?
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2003 Mercedes S320CDi (Daily workhorse)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 1994 Renault Clio(!), 1999 Mercedes S430L, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel, 2003 Mercedes S320CDi, 2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    That's a really nice problem you have there Frank... wish I had that problem!

How about:
    Track day?
    Get a car detailed?
    Nice trip away in a hotel?
    One of those new Super-HD televisions?

Or, if you have money burning through your pocket, you could always pay Ben Wilcox (our resident Gentleman electronics wizard) an unthinkable amount of money to develop Odroid for the XK?
    Good suggestions.

Track day........ Been on a couple plus I have a mate who races at Silverson etc have a permanent invite to go along.
    Car detailed.... How shall I put this. More car has been detailed at least once a week over summer by me. See photos in links below.
    Nice trip away in a hotel. This is a regular treat to myself. Next booked for February at on of my favourite hotels Buckland Manor. https://www.bucklandmanor.co.uk/
    This is a previous treat..... https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthre...=1#post1042191 Thats my car outside another favourite Llangoed Hall. http://www.llangoedhall.co.uk/

Got a 4K telly and computer too.

Odroid dont think I could find a use for those skills. I used to put together my own computers but these days its cheaper and easier and more reliable to buy one ready made. As for building a system for the Jag...

There are worse problems to have. Keep the suggestions coming. I would love to find something interesting or quirky, or techy....
    It's in the detail.

7. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

Do you have a garage?

A hydraulic car lift would be nice - a friend of mine has one and its incredible....
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2003 Mercedes S320CDi (Daily workhorse)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 1994 Renault Clio(!), 1999 Mercedes S430L, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel, 2003 Mercedes S320CDi, 2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

9. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorted!

Hookers and cocaine....

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

11. Likes fat controller, C16RKC, payno, Henry_B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weren't we invited to make suggestions last year?

Or is my memory worse than I first thought, or is it my 2nd or 3rd.

I'd be buying an Eames chair and foot stool.
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Waft 'N' Loud
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

13. Likes C16RKC, E30MW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Hmmm...

Do you have a garage?

A hydraulic car lift would be nice - a friend of mine has one and its incredible....
    A lift is on my to do list right behind get a larger house with a large barn to convert and use. I do have a friend with one but would prefer to use one of my own.

As for Hookers and Cocaine. Been married for 40+ years, the women would only want me for my body anyway. As for cocaine I get my highs from driving the car with the sun out, top down, music up and empty roads.
    It's in the detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Book a ticket on one of these flights.
    https://www.virgingalactic.com or one of the competitors.

I will carry your baggage for you.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing more rewarding or satisfying as helping those in need at Christmas.

I will pm you my Bank details
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

17. Likes payno, C16RKC, Lost it liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast