Thread: Emergency stop by passenger

Post Thanks / Like

Emergency stop by passenger

I have a Jaguar XF (2011) and would like to know how, if I were incapacitated, she could stop the car. Is it possible to move the gear selector into Park when driving at speed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope not! Pull on the hand brake several times, it comes on progressively!
    SE05 JAG stype, 2. 7 DIESEL,zircon/barley,sat nav2012,xenons,winter pack,rear park assist,
    Retrofitted > cdc,bluetooth phone module, pairs 5phones, jaguar voice, Led cabin lites.chrome grille &light surrounds, power points +leds in boot, ,DRLs, boot spoiler, Dash cam front/rear, Folding mirrors on double lock, Intergrated Reversing camera on sat nav screen, Webasto heater manually selectable, Half wood st/wheel,burr walnut interior, dash clock, 90,000 mlies umbrella.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanboy View Post
    Hope not! Pull on the hand brake several times, it comes on progressively!
    Really ... never knew that !!
    XF-S 3.0 V6 275bhp Portfolio with a few nice extras Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's

Joint owner of Merc 64 plate SLK 250 CDI AMG Sportline 200bhp in polar white

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops!!! Mines an S Type

An instrument cluster warning
    lamp and message accompanied by an audible warning chime will be heard if vehicle motion is detected whilst the parking brake is being applied.
    Where EPB is applied at speeds below 3 kph the parking brake will apply full force, at speeds of 3-32 kph, the EPB will apply for the length of time
    the switch is applied. Repeated pulls of the switch will increase the parking brake effort until full force is achieved. Above 32 kph the EPB will apply
    for booms, then steps of 250 ms if the switch is held up. Pulling the switch once and releasing it will apply the parking brake for 500 ms, each
    subsequent pull will apply the parking brake for 250 ms steps until full force is applied. Pushing the switch or throttle application will release the
    parking brake (In all cases the EPB switch has overall priority).
    SE05 JAG stype, 2. 7 DIESEL,zircon/barley,sat nav2012,xenons,winter pack,rear park assist,
    Retrofitted > cdc,bluetooth phone module, pairs 5phones, jaguar voice, Led cabin lites.chrome grille &light surrounds, power points +leds in boot, ,DRLs, boot spoiler, Dash cam front/rear, Folding mirrors on double lock, Intergrated Reversing camera on sat nav screen, Webasto heater manually selectable, Half wood st/wheel,burr walnut interior, dash clock, 90,000 mlies umbrella.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks. I presume by ''handbrake'' you mean the electrical parking brake. I now see in the handbook that the parking brake can be used if the accelerator is not pressed, so it is probable that it would not work if my foot was still on the accelerator. Something to be said for the old mechanical hand brake.