2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the time when stalking was being physically being followed around. If you are unable to stop her by using the advice from Ian. I would go to the police and complain

It is covered by this law

Cyber stalking

Harassment can take place on the internet and through the misuse of email. This is sometimes known as 'cyberstalking'. This can include the use of social networking sites, chat rooms and other forums facilitated by technology. The internet can be used for a range of purposes relating to harassment, for example:

• to locate personal information about a victim;
    • to communicate with the victim;
    • as a means of surveillance of the victim;
    • identity theft such as subscribing the victim to services, purchasing goods and services in their name;
    • damaging the reputation of the victim;
    • electronic sabotage such as spamming and sending viruses; or
    • tricking other internet users into harassing or threatening a victim.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...and-harassment

Best of luck with it
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

3. Thanks Ian D thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ian,

Sadly, that didn't go too well.

I sort of remember now that when we got the car she was the one who set it all up so I can't get into the account. Probably cos I wasn't really all that bothered with knowing where I'd been or starting the when I'm not in it!

Can't it just be disabled on the car? Like taking the sim card out? Or a fuse? Anyone know where it is by the way, the sim card that is?

Cheers,

Will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    I remember the time when stalking was being physically being followed around. If you are unable to stop her by using the advice from Ian. I would go to the police and complain

It is covered by this law

Cyber stalking

Harassment can take place on the internet and through the misuse of email. This is sometimes known as 'cyberstalking'. This can include the use of social networking sites, chat rooms and other forums facilitated by technology. The internet can be used for a range of purposes relating to harassment, for example:

• to locate personal information about a victim;
    • to communicate with the victim;
    • as a means of surveillance of the victim;
    • identity theft such as subscribing the victim to services, purchasing goods and services in their name;
    • damaging the reputation of the victim;
    • electronic sabotage such as spamming and sending viruses; or
    • tricking other internet users into harassing or threatening a victim.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...and-harassment

Best of luck with it
    Thanks for this by the way.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XEmanfromWiltshire View Post
    Hi Ian,

Sadly, that didn't go too well.

I sort of remember now that when we got the car she was the one who set it all up so I can't get into the account. Probably cos I wasn't really all that bothered with knowing where I'd been or starting the when I'm not in it!

Can't it just be disabled on the car? Like taking the sim card out? Or a fuse? Anyone know where it is by the way, the sim card that is?

Cheers,

Will.
    It’s not that easy, it’s built into the telematics module which also runs the SOS and Jag assist buttons.

Next step is to do this, create a new incontrol account yourself and go to your local dealer with your proof of ownership and explain your situation, they can pull the car from the existing account then you’re able to add it to yours.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also go to the police and make a complaint this will reinforce your case with Jaguar. I am afraid to say it she is stalking you enough for you to have to have your phone checked because you were worried that she was following through that. It will probably not stop and she will find another way to do this.

I know that you may not want to go through all of this and it is not nice but it may be the only way that you can stop this from continuing. I don't know how long you had this relationship with her but she obviously can not move on.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

8. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys,

Next stop Jaguar.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    The SIM for this function is embedded in the unit.

What you need to do is get the existing account disassociated with the vehicle, any dealer can do this but you will need proof of ownership.

Then its a re-run of PDI2 (very easy and can be done by yourself or the sales twit) to add a new account to the vehicle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

Jaguar very helpful, all sorted.

Thanks for all your help.

Chers,

12. Thanks Ian D thanked for this post
    Likes ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's good news

Hopefully she will no longer be able to interfere in your life anymore.
    Grumpy Old Git
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12