Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: led bulbs for my x-type

Post Thanks / Like

led bulbs for my x-type

Hi folks,
    Having just recently purchased a 2008 2.2 automatic x-type, I would now like to fit led bulbs to the vehicle (the current halogen dipped beams are particularly dreadful, candles would be better!). My question is whether I need to replace all with canbus leds or whether I just need canbus for certain ones? I am planning on replacing all interior bulbs for the led type too. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not aware of any canbus on the X Type. I have LED dips, main and fogs. They are great. Some of my interior is LED as well. The centre roof light may glow faintly when off. This is normal and due to a residue of voltage present which would normally not be enough to light a normal bulb.
    2007/57 X-Type 2.2D Estate Sovereign that is an SE with extras.
    Shadow Grey, Piano Black, Nav, Sunroof, front parking sensors, remote folding mirrors
    LED headlights, LED fogs as drl. Decat, Steinbauer, 21mm wheel nuts, Android Double DIN incl DAB & reverse cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a site you can use as a reference point ...
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...acement-bulbs/
    2002 X-Type 2.5 V6
    Mina Inserts HID+LED+DRL Chrome Mirror Caps/Petrol Flap/Sleeves Clear Markers/Repeaters REMIN/RVINYL Carbon-Fiber Trim Facelift Plinth NGK Red Tail Tips H&R SS Sports Edition F10 17x8 Hankook 225x45ZR17 Ventus V12 Silver Calipers w/Decal Drilled/Slotted Rotors EBC/Red Stuff K&N 2-Tone GL Steering Wheel Cover Sheepskin Inserts Alum/Dead Pedals HR Leaper SP Lights Infotainment: iSimple TranzIt BLU HF Sony XDP-MU110 DSP 8-Speaker+JBL BassPro SL WiFi Dash-Cam Laser Radar Detector

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mate

I have pretty much LEDed up all my X but the fogs are H1 with a plastic moulding on the back...

Which LEDs have you put in the fogs as mine are original candle lamp Jaguar originals? I was going to put Osram Xtreme white but I thought I'd ask you first..

Vince

Post Thanks / Like
    MetallicSilverCat,

I installed HID in my Fog Lights. Here are the products and some pics ...

1) NOTTO SE 5000K HID Low Beam
    2) PUTCO LED 360 Parking Lights
    3) Xenon HID 6000K Fog Lights
    4) iJDMTOY 10W 6000K Optical Tube LED Driving/Daytime Running Lights
    5) PUTCO Nitro Blue H1 Halogen High Beam

Note: I left the High Beam H1 because I'd never have a need to use them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HID Light Temperature Information.jpg   HID NOTTO SE Conversion Kit 5000K.jpg   HID Fog Light Xenon-Car-Kits-Canbus-Slim-Ballast.jpg   10W High Power Optical Tube Daylight LED Daytime Running Lights Kit (2).jpg   PUTCO® LED 360° Blue Parking Light 194 Wedge I.jpg  

3Q 2012 X-TYPE HID+LED+DRL Night View.jpg   1Q 2017 Running Lowered Front Profile.jpg  
    Last edited by XMan2002; 17-12-18 at 15:28.
    2002 X-Type 2.5 V6
    Mina Inserts HID+LED+DRL Chrome Mirror Caps/Petrol Flap/Sleeves Clear Markers/Repeaters REMIN/RVINYL Carbon-Fiber Trim Facelift Plinth NGK Red Tail Tips H&R SS Sports Edition F10 17x8 Hankook 225x45ZR17 Ventus V12 Silver Calipers w/Decal Drilled/Slotted Rotors EBC/Red Stuff K&N 2-Tone GL Steering Wheel Cover Sheepskin Inserts Alum/Dead Pedals HR Leaper SP Lights Infotainment: iSimple TranzIt BLU HF Sony XDP-MU110 DSP 8-Speaker+JBL BassPro SL WiFi Dash-Cam Laser Radar Detector

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t make the mustake of putting leds in the brake lights if you have cruise control. It checks the brake light function and if not correct refuses to engage cruise...

I asked a question about cruise on here due to that.. took those leds out and back to original.. Did not try the parallel resistor trick though...

7. Thanks XMan2002, iwvc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbkennedy View Post
    Hi folks,
    Having just recently purchased a 2008 2.2 automatic x-type, I would now like to fit led bulbs to the vehicle (the current halogen dipped beams are particularly dreadful, candles would be better!). My question is whether I need to replace all with canbus leds or whether I just need canbus for certain ones? I am planning on replacing all interior bulbs for the led type too. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Hi,

Whereabouts are you?

I had HID's in my X Type because, as you say, they are dreadful!

I have a full set to dispose of since pranging mine, if you are close enough.

Regards,

Richard.
    2007 X Type 2.2D Sport in shadow grey with cold climate, auto clear view and convenience packs and Aruba alloys. Just died at 241,000 miles, shan't be making it to 300,000 after all But just bought an XE, did I mention it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of curiosity, were the X-type's headlights (particularly dipped beam) poor - even from new?

I've only had two - both high-mileage cars, and the first (an 04-plate) was noticeably worse than my current 08-plate. Even then, the later car is no great shakes!

Is it just the yellowing and/or scratching that degrades them over time? By contrast, I also have a 2005-vintage Volvo S80 with standard halogen headlights - which are superb!

Post Thanks / Like
    The actual projector lamps were fine, the biggest "killer" of light output has always been the plastic lenses. They either steam up or cloud over. A bit of work with 1200 grit wet and dry and a decent abrasive polish (Even Brasso) can do wonders even for the halogen ones.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 280E View Post
    Out of curiosity, were the X-type's headlights (particularly dipped beam) poor - even from new?

I've only had two - both high-mileage cars, and the first (an 04-plate) was noticeably worse than my current 08-plate. Even then, the later car is no great shakes!

Is it just the yellowing and/or scratching that degrades them over time? By contrast, I also have a 2005-vintage Volvo S80 with standard halogen headlights - which are superb!
    I thought so, though the point Lostit makes is quite valid. Keeping the lenses clean, even from the slightest amount of road dirt, seemed to make quite a difference.

My 73 Triumph only has Halogens and they too are much better than my X Type was.

I think that part of the problem with projector lamps is that rather than redirect the light from the area above the 'cut off' they just blank it off.
    2007 X Type 2.2D Sport in shadow grey with cold climate, auto clear view and convenience packs and Aruba alloys. Just died at 241,000 miles, shan't be making it to 300,000 after all But just bought an XE, did I mention it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast