Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: ultra high emission zone

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree Roger, it's an unfair singling out of the current scapegoats until we've all dwindled and they lose their income from us,, and then there will be new scapegoats.

Courage, Mon Ami.

Take to the streets en masse as they have done in Paris and he will soon rescind.

2. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rchiv View Post
    I am not sure you all understand the implications of the ULEZ.
    Probably not, but one could argue that the extra charge should have been in place for years so polluters have gained over all those years in not having to pay it.

At some point this is a case of life's not fair. Anyone old enough to drive usually knows that and just finds ways to cope. Yes it's annoying to the polluters. Less annoying to those who may finally get cleaner air.

Park & ride may be worth considering, or maybe don't use the car to drive in London.

BTW I don't like having to drive slower on the M1 due to the bad air quality which is mostly due to diesels and I don't drive one of those! So, life's not fair to me either.

4. Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 04str View Post
    Probably not, but one could argue that the extra charge should have been in place for years so polluters have gained over all those years in not having to pay it.

Park & ride may be worth considering, or maybe don't use the car to drive in London.
    We have had the congestion charge for some years and it was acceptable and for those, like me, who wished to visit the city at night and at weekends provision was made. If I was to drive my wife in London on a regular basis, as she is a Blue Badge holder, I could pay just £10 for the year but the ULEZ does not give that option.
    Park & Ride does not operate in London 24/7, 365 days either. In my case my wife being, disabled, is unable to use that anyhow and not driving into the city is not an option, unless I put her in a wheelchair, as she cannot walk very far. I have already looked into the case of registering my car as Disabled but that is out of the question as you can only use the vehicle to transport the disabled person. My wife does not always accompany me so that's out.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 116K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    We have had the congestion charge for some years and it was acceptable and for those, like me, who wished to visit the city at night and at weekends provision was made. If I was to drive my wife in London on a regular basis, as she is a Blue Badge holder, I could pay just £10 for the year but the ULEZ does not give that option.
    Park & Ride does not operate in London 24/7, 365 days either. In my case my wife being, disabled, is unable to use that anyhow and not driving into the city is not an option, unless I put her in a wheelchair, as she cannot walk very far. I have already looked into the case of registering my car as Disabled but that is out of the question as you can only use the vehicle to transport the disabled person. My wife does not always accompany me so that's out.

Roger
    I think you need to chase that one up again. I'm pretty sure if you register the car as a blue badge "user" with the congestion charge site, you don't pay congestion charge or the pollution scam charge either for another year at least?
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post
    I think you need to chase that one up again. I'm pretty sure if you register the car as a blue badge "user" with the congestion charge site, you don't pay congestion charge or the pollution scam charge either for another year at least?
    If you register the Blue Badge with the Congestion Charge you pay £10 for the year to drive in the zone. From April 2019 if you do this you will not pay the congestion charge but there is no concession on the ULEZ.
    The only way out is to register your car Disabled, which means it can only be used to transport the disabled person
    Vehicle tax exemption

Eligibility

You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get the:

• higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
    • enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
    • War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment

The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name.
    It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It cannot be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.
    You can only have one vehicle tax exemption at any one time.

Also as we do not get the DLA and are unable to get PIP due to age we cannot register the vehicle disabled.

Roger
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 116K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. In that case, they have you snookered.
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

9. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost it View Post
    Ah. In that case, they have you snookered.
    Yes which means my Jaguar ownership may come to and end in 2021 when the area is enlarged. So what to go for next is not a happy thought.
    Perhaps I should take up the lottery and hope for the best.

Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes which means my Jaguar ownership may come to and end in 2021 when the area is enlarged. So what to go for next is not a happy thought.
    Perhaps I should take up the lottery and hope for the best.

Roger
    It's sad but self inflicted Roger.

As I've always said, people in the UK won't get out to protest. Most won't support other causes either.

It's the same with burglaries and attacks on people in their own homes.

Not their problem - until one day it is their problem.

Then nobody comes to help them.

People need to get on the London streets now and protest until these stupidities are stopped.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read that the new zone will extend it's area which will now include the Ace Café. If I won't be able to use my Jag I stand no chance with my 2-stroke triple motorbike!

Just checked my vehicle reg numbers on the gov website and my petrol Jag is ok, by my 2-stroke bike isn't.
    Last edited by Gaz03SE; 15-12-18 at 19:45.
    2003 S-Type 3.0 SE Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz03SE View Post
    I read that the new zone will extend it's area which will now include the Ace Café. If I won't be able to use my Jag I stand no chance with my 2-stroke triple motorbike!

Just checked my vehicle reg numbers on the gov website and my petrol Jag is ok, by my 2-stroke bike isn't.
    I thought motorbikes are exempt?

Start a protest movement and recruit protesters and block roads round parliament.

Let them see your fury.

Come out of the Closet Bruvvers!

I'm totally serious, that's Khan going far too far, far too cocky and the guilt propaganda should not be so widespread.

We need to pluck his tail feathers now.

If it takes off I'll even come to the UK and join you.

And I don't even own a car in the UK now! Grrrrr!!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast