Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ultra high emission zone

Post Thanks / Like

ultra high emission zone

The ultra high emission zone is going to be rolled out in central london april 2019 any car that dose not comply will have to pay the conjestion charge plus an additional £12.50p. This zone is then going to be rolled out further to cover a large part of london the north and south circular being the boundary. Any car within that zone that dose not comply will have pay £12.50 per day to drive within that zone and any cars coming in that dont comply would have to pay .I think buses and lorries would be £100 if they don't comply.I went on the TFL web site and put in the reg of my STR and my car seems to be compliant yet my 2016 1.3 diesel combo van isn't .Do the stypes/STR's have a very sufisticated emission system as I am surprised a 4.2 lt v8 gas guzzler is compliant with the ultra high emision zone.I know the main targets are diesel cars.
    2002 jaguar s type r
    spec zicon blue dove grey leather interior sunroof phone no premium sound no satnav
    mods mina stainless exhaust caldoofy air intake

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the stypes/STR's have a very sufisticated emission system as I am surprised a 4.2 lt v8 gas guzzler is compliant with the ultra high emision zone
    No not really they just aren't that dirty to start with
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

3. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I presume the 2.7 diesel will be a different story as they are really going after the diesel engines after telling every body diesel was the way to go talk about a massive u turn.
    2002 jaguar s type r
    spec zicon blue dove grey leather interior sunroof phone no premium sound no satnav
    mods mina stainless exhaust caldoofy air intake

Post Thanks / Like
    as they are really going after the diesel engines
    I believe the limit is the same for both fuels and the question you should be asking is if our huge guzzling petrol engines are exempt just how bad are theses diesels ?
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by payno View Post
    I believe the limit is the same for both fuels and the question you should be asking is if our huge guzzling petrol engines are exempt just how bad are theses diesels ?
    The limits are different between petrol and diesel engines.

it is worth noting that you can submit for exemption if your vehicle is listed lower than the Euro ratings below, just check your log book which should list your vehicles actual figures which can be cross ref. to the limits detailed below.

As an example my STR which is listed as Euro 4 petrol actually meets Euro 6 petrol easily probably because it has VVT, the later more advanced ECM system and of course not being direct injection emits no PM's which is really what all the fuss is about regarding diesels and direct injection petrol engines.

UHEZ limits:

Euro 4 petrol: CO – 1.0 g/km, HC – 0.10 g/km, NOx – 0.08, PM – no limit.

Euro 6 diesel: CO – 0.50 g/km, HC+ NOx – 0.23 g/km, NOx – 0.18 g/km, PM – 0.005 g/km, PM – 6.0x10 ^11/km.

STR 2006 log book max emissions: CO 0.521, HC 0.049, NOX 0.039, PM 0.

Euro 6 petrol: CO – 1.0 g/km. HC – 0.10 g/km. NOx – 0.06 g/km, PM – 0.005 g/km (direct injection only). PM – 6.0x10 ^11/km (direct injection only.
    Last edited by Engineer; 29-11-18 at 13:59.
    “If you see a gap and don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver”

JAGUAR STR

7. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Member alan@agilecomputers.co.uk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can enter your vehicle reg number here to check if your car meets the ULEZ standard:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...m-checker-ulez
    XJ Sovereign 2.7 TDVi, January 2008, Indigo Blue Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    Khan is targeting diesels. See the propaganda ads about us killing school kids and other nonsense.

I'm glad he's peeing off all drivers, less of them will turn on us. He's just out to make money, and he'll make a lot more than the EU fines.

While Joe Public does not gang up to protest, more and more levies will be heaped on us, and more UK cities will impose them.

Happily we aren't going to have that in Cyprus for a few years because we are only 50km from the coast to Nicosia and all other cities are coastal.

But eventually the life and value of diesels will be zero, so wait until 2025 to buy a 2018 Porsche Cayenne or Mercedes ML320 for £1,000! )

So again Joe Public will pay the cost of all this pretence and "environmental protection" lies and nonsense.

Get your kids to become Climate Change "scientists"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alan@agilecomputers.co.uk View Post
    You can enter your vehicle reg number here to check if your car meets the ULEZ standard:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...m-checker-ulez
    Thanks yet again Alan.

So.. my old 2.5 litre 2004 S Type, is compliant and won't pay the ULEZ charges.

My older 3.2-litre 2002 Merc E320 CDi diesel is not compliant and will pay the ULEZ charges.

Both are liable for the congestion charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in a tricky situation. My X Type is fine for the first round from April 2019 to October 2021. After 2021 the area changes and it will fail as it does not match the Euro 6 so as I am ..........d.
    One way out is to apply for my vehicle class to be changed to a disabled class as I do have a Blue badge for my wife but do not claim for mobility. I am not sure if that is possible as I do not only use the vehicle to carry my wife but obviously for my use also. So further investigation is required. That will take us up to 2025 at which time I would have to change the car.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 116K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post

UHEZ limits:

Euro 4 petrol: CO – 1.0 g/km, HC – 0.10 g/km, NOx – 0.08, PM – no limit.

Euro 6 diesel: CO – 0.50 g/km, HC+ NOx – 0.23 g/km, NOx – 0.18 g/km, PM – 0.005 g/km, PM – 6.0x10 ^11/km.

STR 2006 actual emissions: CO 0.521, HC 0.049, NOX 0.039, PM 0.

Euro 6 petrol: CO – 1.0 g/km. HC – 0.10 g/km. NOx – 0.06 g/km, PM – 0.005 g/km (direct injection only). PM – 6.0x10 ^11/km (direct injection only.
    That STR needs cleaning up

2005 Jaguar S-Type R in Ebony Black

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast