Thread: How to Disconnect Power Seat Wiring (Driver)

Post Thanks / Like

How to Disconnect Power Seat Wiring (Driver)

I have a '95 XJS convertible, and as you may recall, I was attempting to work on the handbrake.

A lot of my problem with successfully completing this project is my lack of access to the hand brake area due to the seat.

I can't remove the seat as there is a ribbon cable from the floor of the vehicle to the Seat Motor Assembly (I assume).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to disconnect this cable and the strain reliefs so I can fully access the hand brake mechanism area?

Thanks -

Rocky

Post Thanks / Like
    Just in front of seat is a raised floor area that can removed. Two screws towards the pedal end, lift up carpet. Then unscrew ribbon white plastic holder, unplug ribbon from seat module. There maybe another plug for heated seats. But follow the wiring and easy to spot.
    But once floor area is removed, or before, you must unbolt back or front seat bolts before unplugging as you need to move seat to get to second pair of bolts.
    if you need more guidance let me know.
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tony -

Maybe this weekend I'll give that a look. I agree with you that you have to move the seat forward and back to get access to all the bolts on the tracks.

Thanks for the response.

Chuck