Thread: Missing spellcheck

Post Thanks / Like

Missing spellcheck

Hi all,

I recently bought a new Dell Laptop, direct from Dell. I`m loathe to send it back after spending weeks installing all my stuff.

Problem is, it never picks up wrongly spelt words like on here for instance. My Asus does. Could it be a corrupted version of Win 10 pre-installed? It`s set to English (UK) as default language. Spellcheck works fine on Word. I have my setting in 'Typing' set to auto correct and highlight misspelled words.

It`s this one here if it helps https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/cty/...laptop/cn37720
    2008 PremLux 2.7. Ex-Jag demo with all the toys and I mean, all the toys

Post Thanks / Like
    Spell-chekking is software-controlled and has nothing to do with the hardware. For example, you can set/configure how it works it in your browser, Word, etc.

Have a look at the settings for your various software on your old laptop and use the same settings on your new one.

However, there are two basic settings in Win10 Settings -> Typing -> Spelling (or search for spelling).

Try turning them on first and see how you go. These are set to off in mine, but the various software still do spell checks are they are set to do so.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.