Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Service Indicator

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought someone said on another thread that the LRV2.0 code reader will also show the the percentage of fill in the dpf.Others have also commented on problems with oil dilution when dpf full. These problems are common to all makes of diesels .
    White XJL portfolio 3 litre s/c ecu to S MY2015

2. Likes Badger1966 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasz1156 View Post
    I thought someone said on another thread that the LRV2.0 code reader will also show the the percentage of fill in the dpf.Others have also commented on problems with oil dilution when dpf full. These problems are common to all makes of diesels .
    HiJasz, unsure about that part, see below from the Icarsoft website
    *Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration control system, requests the DPF regeneration processwhile DPF blockage and turn off the DPF indicator.*
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Should be 05w30 "SAE 5W-30 engine oil meeting Jaguar Land Rover specification STJLR.03.5005" or similar C1 low ash I believe but please check

Re resetting the service counter....
    Either go to your dealer or local Indy, or perhaps stump up £136.00 for the Icarsoft LRV2.0 code reader which will do it for you

Jim
    Had an interesting conversation with a certain online oil retailer today. Now I am a fan of Millers oil and they specify XF Longlife C1 5w30 for my XJ with a DPF. Apparently quite a few oils come with the STJLR, 03.5005 oil specification, but it has to have the C1 spec as well for vehicles with a DPF. So be careful what you buy peeps.
    One life, live it, in a Jaguar

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes C1 spec as I mentioned

So with that in mind what have you opted for?
    Also have you given any consideration as to how you'll update the service counter?

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JimC64,

I am going with Millers XF Longlife C1 5w30. I am not taking a chance on an oil with only STJLR, 03.5005 spec, gotta have C1 as well for me. On Opie Oils I can get 8 ltr plus Mahle oil filter for £61.10 delivered. Use "MERRYXMAS" at checkout for an extra 15% off until Jan 3rd.
    On the service counter, I am going to buy a Mongoose cable and plug it in! Have the software from on here
    JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Instal) Thanks to TheMindBuddah
    One life, live it, in a Jaguar

7. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote here for Millers oil.

Put exactly 6.5 litres in and that brings it to 3/4 full on the electric dipstick and you shouldn't have any problems.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

9. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Badger1966 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger1966 View Post
    Luckily I am fully aware of the pitfalls of diesel engines, DPF's, CAT's and EGR. A few years ago I had a Lexus IS220D, had to clean the EGR every 10k on that. Mind you the EGR system on the XJ looks crazy to say the least, don't think I will be cleaning that in a hurry! As for the oil, I think I will change it soon just to be on the safe side.

Out of interest TheBoy, what oil do you use? I am a fan of Millers oil's. And do you know of a way to reset the ECU after servicing?

Thanks
    I personally use GM Tradeclub oils, due to very competitive prices for decent quality, and convenience (my (not so) local dealer pops it on the van and delivers it to my door).

http://www.tradeclubparts.co.uk/parts/oil/engine-oil/5w30c1/

To reset the service light, I use the official JLR SDD software.
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

11. Likes Badger1966 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont just rely on what online retailers tell you when you put in the reg. For eg, most actually suggest a non low SAPS oil for pre 2012 XJs. Which will properly bugger the DPF in short order.

13. Likes Badger1966 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jasz1156 View Post
    If you are getting significant ash in the DPF regularly, which is easily discovered by frequent DPF messages on the dash, you have bought the wrong engine. You don't need a scan tool for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    HiJasz, unsure about that part, see below from the Icarsoft website
    *Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration control system, requests the DPF regeneration processwhile DPF blockage and turn off the DPF indicator.*
    If you have to force regen the DPF, you bought the wrong car. Force regen of DPF is not healthy to the DPF. If you follow the instruction to take the car for a decent, fast drive when the initial DPF warning comes on, you will never need to force regen it.

16. Likes #steve liked this post
    Dislikes #steve disliked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast