Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Service Indicator

Post Thanks / Like
    Ignore the dislike, pressed wrong button lol.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    I personally use GM Tradeclub oils, due to very competitive prices for decent quality, and convenience (my (not so) local dealer pops it on the van and delivers it to my door).

http://www.tradeclubparts.co.uk/parts/oil/engine-oil/5w30c1/

To reset the service light, I use the official JLR SDD software.
    Thanks for that TheBoy, who makes the GM oil? Oils have minimum specs which must be achieved to be able to put the correct labels on the oils if that makes sense. I like Millers Oils because their oils far exceed the minimum specs.
    I will also try that software when I get my Mongoose cable, thanks. Do you know which operating systems it works with? Think I have Windows 7 on my laptop.
    One life, live it, in a Jaguar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger1966 View Post
    Thanks for that TheBoy, who makes the GM oil? Oils have minimum specs which must be achieved to be able to put the correct labels on the oils if that makes sense. I like Millers Oils because their oils far exceed the minimum specs.
    I will also try that software when I get my Mongoose cable, thanks. Do you know which operating systems it works with? Think I have Windows 7 on my laptop.
    It used to be Fuchs, not sure if it still is. The full specs are on the datasheet on that link. I use that (and other spec GM oils for other cars I have) based on price and convenience. Last lot for the Jag cost £59+VAT for 20l, which is almost enough for 3 changes. And I like to change my oil often - when it costs less than £30 including filter, and 20mins work (including tidying up and drinking tea), who wouldn't

My SDD is installed on one of my diags laptops, which runs XP (and has had wifi card removed etc etc). I believe it runs fine on Windows 7 (not sure about 64bit though - some diag software seems flakey on 64bit)
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    It used to be Fuchs, not sure if it still is. The full specs are on the datasheet on that link. I use that (and other spec GM oils for other cars I have) based on price and convenience. Last lot for the Jag cost £59+VAT for 20l, which is almost enough for 3 changes. And I like to change my oil often - when it costs less than £30 including filter, and 20mins work (including tidying up and drinking tea), who wouldn't

My SDD is installed on one of my diags laptops, which runs XP (and has had wifi card removed etc etc). I believe it runs fine on Windows 7 (not sure about 64bit though - some diag software seems flakey on 64bit)
    Hi TheBoy, after a little research I can see the GM 5W-30 C1 Fully Synthetic Low Saps Oil does also conform to STJLR 03.5005. So my next question is how do you get a Vauxhall Trade Club account when your not in the motor vehicle industry? Or do you just buy it at retail prices?
    One life, live it, in a Jaguar

5. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I blagged my Tradeclub, Halfords, ECP etc etc trade accounts. Failing that, being a member of any VBOA affiliated club also gives Tradeclub access.

7. Likes Badger1966 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or ring a Vauxhall dealer quoting the part number, and because its a tradeclub part, you may just get it?

My dealer normally has to order that specific oil in, which usually means next day. Which reminds me, I must call them for more (and some cheap semi for the Omega).

9. Likes Badger1966 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123