Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting my first XJ tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dave-uk View Post
    Forgot to mention, get some Faraday pouches for your keys
    That's a big fat yes and plus 1 from me on that, got mine a few days after I got my car
    The whole keyless entry theft scenario

Good reminder there Dave
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Thanks dave-uk thanked for this post
    Likes dave-uk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have farady pouches, same issue on FPace.

But I'm sad.... went to fill up and fuel filleris seized shut. Jaguar assistance on way. Must be record, 1st call after 3hours of ownership. I hope/suspect it's just sticky from lack of use, can't have been fuelled much for 1,000 miles in two years!

Still a bit of a downer....

The wife will do the "told you so" dance

Post Thanks / Like
    You'd have through the dealer would have put some fuel in her for you, then they would have spotted the issue. Just a big inconvenience for you
    Jaguar XJ Portfolio 2017 & Triumph Bonneville T120
    Utinque Paratus

Post Thanks / Like
    They did put about 100 miles worth yesterday and it was fine allegedly... that's why I think its just sticky shut, I can hear and feel the lock actuating in the filler... maybe I should know after three of them that Jaguars are sensitive about things

While queuing at petrol station the guys in white Astra van in front, fuelled and then legged it without paying, I thought they were going to reverse into me... its been a stressful day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVolvoR View Post
    Have farady pouches, same issue on FPace.
    But I'm sad.... went to fill up and fuel filleris seized shut. Jaguar assistance on way. Must be record, 1st call after 3hours of ownership. I hope/suspect it's just sticky from lack of use, can't have been fuelled much for 1,000 miles in two years!
    Still a bit of a downer....
    The wife will do the "told you so" dance
    Good, you're sorted then

The fuel flap is a non issue, just wait for Jaguar assist, get it sorted fuel up and driiiiiiiiive and enjoy

When Mrs RavolvoR does her dance, kill her with kindness and smiles, give her nowhere to go lol

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

7. Likes Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Filler flap lock is a bit out of synch... when car is locked, flap is unlocked.. when car is unlocked flap is locked! Assist guy disconnected it so I can enjoyyyyyyyyy filled car up and now can play, drive and just chill. This car is smoooooooth... so much nicer to drive than the FPace! Garage will deal with flap in due course. I think a car with so little mileage in 2 years has stood a lot, that's never good for any car, so a few minor glitches like this are fine, after all... I saved almost as much money as my first house cost!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVolvoR View Post
    Filler flap lock is a bit out of synch... when car is locked, flap is unlocked.. when car is unlocked flap is locked! Assist guy disconnected it so I can enjoyyyyyyyyy filled car up and now can play, drive and just chill. This car is smoooooooth... so much nicer to drive than the FPace! Garage will deal with flap in due course. I think a car with so little mileage in 2 years has stood a lot, that's never good for any car, so a few minor glitches like this are fine, after all... I saved almost as much money as my first house cost!
    Lol, all good then
    I can appreciate as mine too was around 54k cheaper than new at 2 years old, bargain!

Cheers
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12