Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Tyreleader are not UK based so not sure if changing them will be easy, maybe the higher rears will make it easier for rear passengers to see over my shoulders

As to speedo, hardly use it as TomTom shows it and bings for any once in a blue moon infringement
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - B&W 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - CAT Suspension - TPMS - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with DRG and TIS - ACC - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by santer View Post
    Will the extra 5mm be an issue?
    The aspect ratio difference is actually 5% of the nominal tread width which means a 14.25 mm larger radius. The ABS/ESP are set up for the correct diameter tyres so may get confused. The extra diameter might mean the tyres catch somewhere sometimes.

Personally, I would fit the correct size. I really don't think Black Circles are correct this time.

This site seems to have the correct values: https://tiresize.com/tires/Jaguar/XF/
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    The aspect ratio difference is actually 5% of the nominal tread width which means a 14.25 mm larger radius.
    Have asked to change them, the 30 are more expensive
    XF SV8 A - USB 2 - B&W 440W - Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera - CAT Suspension - TPMS - 20" Volans - Headlamp Powerwash - Rain Sensitive Wipers - Xenon Headlights - Heated Windscreen - Intrusion Sensing - Navigation with DRG and TIS - ACC - Forward Alert - Memory Function - Blind Spot Monitor - Bluetooth Connectivity - Automatic Headlamp Leveling - JaguarVoice

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see a problem going with the 285/35ZR20 on the rear.
    Yes, the overall diameter will increase by 29 mm over the 285/30ZR20 and the sidewall will be 14.5 mm bigger (reducing the fender gap by the same amount), but on the XF that is a good thing considering the OEM fender gap is yuge. Zero chance of catching or fouling on anything, and the ride will be a little softer.
    It would also cut the roughly 5% "optimistic" (over-read) speedo error in half.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, they will cancel as long as it has not been sent to the shipper, in which case refuse they say to refuse the delivery and when they get them back they will refund less shipping of £25 per parcel, not sure if that is per tyre.

Have e-mailed to say it was cancelled within an hour of being placed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJagXFS View Post
    I can't see a problem going with the 285/35ZR20 on the rear.
    Yes, the overall diameter will increase by 29 mm over the 285/30ZR20 and the sidewall will be 14.5 mm bigger (reducing the fender gap by the same amount), but on the XF that is a good thing considering the OEM fender gap is yuge. Zero chance of catching or fouling on anything, and the ride will be a little softer.
    It would also cut the roughly 5% "optimistic" (over-read) speedo error in half.
    So, if they say they have been sent then will keep them, if they can change them then all good as I took their two year insurance against most things being covered and the wrong size might invalidate it

Post Thanks / Like
    In the UK, you probably have to inform your insurers as it is not a manufacturer-fitted size for that car.

In Germany, as it is over 2% difference in nominal size, it will be illegal. One could have it individually assessed, but as the rolling circumference front to back is now rather different (4.5%), it probably would not be approved even if they are dimensionally OK, clearing bodywork and suspension components.
    Last edited by Neilr; 07-12-18 at 14:50.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12