Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Injector readings are as so...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    Hi ow

Thank you for the detailed and quick response much appreciated. As I type on my my mobile I have very limited viewing of what I have typed so certain things might be out of place... Regarding pcm it was one of the recommended options hence I did it as the gears were holding on too long nothing to do with the injectors and that's a seperate issue.. As to new or existing tcm there were 2 options given on sdd, programme existing or new I chose new after reading someone who had chosen existing and ran into faults.... So based on that I am assuming gni will have to get the dpf delete on the ecu again?

Regards
    AF
    Hi AF,
    Sorry, confused again, are we talking PCM or TCM ? Gear shift patterns are controlled by the TCM (Transmission control module), not the PCM/ECU, although the two do communicate & work together. A new PCM or re-flash wouldn't influence the gear change unless there was a serious communication problem, which would throw up all sorts of other issues. I'm assuming you have not fitted a new TCM, as it's contained within the gearbox & not an easy change, therefore you should have chosen to clear & update the existing module really, not sure of the implications of what you've done. Gears holding too long could simply be down to needing to learn your driving style, something it will struggle to do if you have injector issues effecting the how the engine runs/behaves, or being stuck in sport mode.
    You say "I reprogrammed the tcm and after that I reprogrammed a new pcm aka a powertrain control module" Do you still have the old PCM? & if so, why not just refit that then all you have to worry about is the TCM.

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orsom weels View Post
    Hi AF,
    Sorry, confused again, are we talking PCM or TCM ? Gear shift patterns are controlled by the TCM (Transmission control module), not the PCM/ECU, although the two do communicate & work together. A new PCM or re-flash wouldn't influence the gear change unless there was a serious communication problem, which would throw up all sorts of other issues. I'm assuming you have not fitted a new TCM, as it's contained within the gearbox & not an easy change, therefore you should have chosen to clear & update the existing module really, not sure of the implications of what you've done. Gears holding too long could simply be down to needing to learn your driving style, something it will struggle to do if you have injector issues effecting the how the engine runs/behaves, or being stuck in sport mode.
    You say "I reprogrammed the tcm and after that I reprogrammed a new pcm aka a powertrain control module" Do you still have the old PCM? & if so, why not just refit that then all you have to worry about is the TCM.

Regards, OW
    Hi ow

Sorry about the confusion I will try to be as clear as I possibly can be bare with me sir...

Nothing physically has changed removed or added the car still has the same tcm and the powertrain control Module... When I say new powertrain control module I mean to say that when I went to programme the powertrain control module which it highly suggested to do, it gave me 2 options program existing powertrain control module or program new powertrain control Module... I chose the latter option.. No new powertrain control module was added just software update. Based on that I have 2 errors restricted performance and no dsc. Hope that clears things up based on that what do you suggest or what can be done as a next step? Could that be the reason why the restricted performance is popping up as there is no physical dpf as it's been removed and its confusing the ecu?

Regards
    Af
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    The DSC error is a typical symptom of low battery voltage. That may clear when you charge your battery.

If it doesn't, the next suspect is one of the rear ABS sensors.

See what codes remain once you drive a few miles.

Ref my injectors... The mechie thoroughly cleaned the injector tunnels and seats with a special tool fitted to a cordless drill before he re-installed them.

Post Thanks / Like
    read the fault codes !
    XJR 2001 Pacific Blue
    Range Rover Sport 2005 Red 2.7 TD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    read the fault codes !
    Hi Andy k

I will be as I'm away from home for work it will all have to be done on Sat the nearest when I install new metal leak off connectors and tighten injector 4 down and plug every thing back in.. Drop fully charged battery in start her up and let her idle for abit see what clears what stays read codes and take it from there... Although came a cross a post while searching a guy who had same issue half his stuff cleared up because of bad battery and the remaining dsc cleared after letting her idle for abit and restricted performance cleared up after driving for abit.. Who knows just might be all is well and low battery and needs a start up and a drive let's see what comes...

Jim regarding your injectors I would of thought the same any one carrying out work on them would do the full works including cleaning up the chambers...maybe mine has changed a few owners and been around the block abit, things have loosened up

Regards
    AF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    Hi ow

Sorry about the confusion I will try to be as clear as I possibly can be bare with me sir...

Nothing physically has changed removed or added the car still has the same tcm and the powertrain control Module... When I say new powertrain control module I mean to say that when I went to programme the powertrain control module which it highly suggested to do, it gave me 2 options program existing powertrain control module or program new powertrain control Module... I chose the latter option.. No new powertrain control module was added just software update. Based on that I have 2 errors restricted performance and no dsc. Hope that clears things up based on that what do you suggest or what can be done as a next step? Could that be the reason why the restricted performance is popping up as there is no physical dpf as it's been removed and its confusing the ecu?

Regards
    Af
    Ah, OK, think I understand now. As I said, I'm not sure of the implications of choosing to program new modules instead of existing, but lets worry about that later. Firstly, have you been able to start & drive the car since reprogramming the modules? As has already been mentioned, the DSC fault could well just be down to the low battery voltage & may clear once that is sorted & the car driven. If you have driven the car & the fault remains, there should be new codes recorded, so That's where I'd start with that if that's the case. The restricted performance issue again should generate one or more codes, do you have any or did you make a note of what were there before you cleared them? It is very possible/likely that if the PCM is now looking for the DPF, not being able to find it would almost certainly trigger the restricted performance protection for the rest of the systems. If that is the case, you have two options, either try to get the DPF deleted from the PCM again, or reinstall the DPF to put everything back to as it should be. Given that it is now part of the MOT, & removal/disabling is a failure, having the DPF deleted may cause problems further down the road at MOT time, as when the tester enters the VIN number into the system, he will be instructed to look for & check the DPF, the DVSA system will know it should have one.
    Anyhow, in summary, I would get a few miles on the car if possible & then check to see what fault codes you may have & we can take things from there.

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

7. Thanks AliasFaux thanked for this post
    Likes AliasFaux liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different car and engine, AF, so not to worry, all 6 injectors wouldn't be loose.

It's my first experience of diesel injectors so I don't know what's "normal" other than my Merc.

Maybe someone else has experience with either engine for a 2 out of 3 comparison?

We continue to learn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys

Update time... So received metal leakoff connectors connected and tightened down injector 4 took car for drive and the transmission is horrible gear 1 okay hear 2 cuts in with a thud at 3k rpm and sometimes it doesn't want to switch gears at all...no dsc and restricted performance still exists

Fault codes read

Now by egr low circuit I'm assuming that's where the restricted performance is coming from and b1265 it can also be leaking head gas kit after doing some research... I do have smoke coming from right side of the engine near the egr could it be those round seals that are on top of the engine? As this can cause smoking too at idle no?

What so you guys make of it.... I have a feeling the last owner had egr and dpf deleted and now with new update on the pcm they are showing up and its reading errors?

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you reprogrammed the gearbox it probably needs to relearn over 3 days.

Thudding should stop much quicker than that though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    If you reprogrammed the gearbox it probably needs to relearn over 3 days.

Thudding should stop much quicker than that though
    Thanks Andy... I will drive it around a little and see if that settles... And regarding the no dsc and restricted performance I have a feeling I will need to have dpf and egr re deleted as it has over written the deleted settings when I did a pcm update?

Regards
    AF

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast