Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Injector readings are as so...

Post Thanks / Like
    An update

Looking at the codes thinking to myself why is the map sensor code popping up that wasn't there before and why now... And being a map sensor it's something I can have a look at... So pop it out bring it in on goes the kettle drop the sensor into a cup and pour over the hot water... Get a teeth between cleaning brush and start cleaning it all the **** melted and came out then i chopped the thin Nozzle with the little hole off and made the hole a little bigger as the newer ones have bigger holes... Go back to car pop it in... Ignition click click lights come on dash as normal and there me sitting there thinking hmmm somethings missing... And it was... no dsc and no restricted performance.... It's gone... Go to start the car kkrrrr click click click beep bep beep beep beep and everything cuts out... Battery dead.... But hold on I just charged the thing up for nearly 48 hours and plugged it back in the car today? Been using it earlier what could of killed it so quick? Any ways back on charge and will plug it in tomorrow... But was nice to see no dsc and restricted performance gone and the yellow light too... Seems like new battery might be on order... One I have now had it for 2 years... its a polar battery 950cca 110ah.

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    humm.

MAP sensors causes loads of dash lights on 2.7 landrovers if they aren't connected DSC etc
    XJR 2001 Pacific Blue
    Range Rover Sport 2005 Red 2.7 TD

3. Thanks AliasFaux thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    AF...

If the battery is showing less than 12.7 volts with the engine off after charging, or less than 12.6 volts after turning on your headlamps for 3 minutes, with the headlamps still on, it's weak or buggered.

To check your charging system start the engine and you should see 14 to 15 volts at the battery terminals depending on the battery charge state. The fuller it is, the lower the voltage towards 14.0 volts.

To test your injector seals start the engine, and pour a little water into the wells and a leaky one will splutter.

5. Thanks AliasFaux thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    Hi guys

Update time... So received metal leakoff connectors connected and tightened down injector 4 took car for drive and the transmission is horrible gear 1 okay hear 2 cuts in with a thud at 3k rpm and sometimes it doesn't want to switch gears at all...no dsc and restricted performance still exists......

......by egr low circuit I'm assuming that's where the restricted performance is coming from and b1265 it can also be leaking head gas kit after doing some research... I do have smoke coming from right side of the engine near the egr could it be those round seals that are on top of the engine? As this can cause smoking too at idle no?

What so you guys make of it.... I have a feeling the last owner had egr and dpf deleted and now with new update on the pcm they are showing up and its reading errors?

Any ideas?
    Gearbox will need to re-learn, although when I re-flashed one of mine, it was quite smooth from the get go, no thuds, bangs or surging, just sometimes a little hesitant as to when to change. I'm wondering if your reprogramming was corrupted due to your battery going flat while doing it.

I've never know a EGR valve to cause restricted performance, but have never had a TDV6, only had experience of them on generic Ford 4 cylinder engines in our old Focus, my Transits & the X type. They flag the MIL, but that's all. I have had a faulty MAP sensor flag P0405 on the X type, so they could well be linked.
    B1265 is Cold Air Bypass Actuator Motor Drive Circuit Fault, so nothing to do with head gasket, & probably nothing to worry about, my S type has displayed a similar code ever since I've owned it, but the climate all works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    An update

Looking at the codes thinking to myself why is the map sensor code popping up that wasn't there before and why now... And being a map sensor it's something I can have a look at... So pop it out bring it in on goes the kettle drop the sensor into a cup and pour over the hot water... Get a teeth between cleaning brush and start cleaning it all the **** melted and came out then i chopped the thin Nozzle with the little hole off and made the hole a little bigger as the newer ones have bigger holes... Go back to car pop it in... Ignition click click lights come on dash as normal and there me sitting there thinking hmmm somethings missing... And it was... no dsc and no restricted performance.... It's gone... Go to start the car kkrrrr click click click beep bep beep beep beep and everything cuts out... Battery dead.... But hold on I just charged the thing up for nearly 48 hours and plugged it back in the car today? Been using it earlier what could of killed it so quick? Any ways back on charge and will plug it in tomorrow... But was nice to see no dsc and restricted performance gone and the yellow light too... Seems like new battery might be on order... One I have now had it for 2 years... its a polar battery 950cca 110ah.

Regards
    AF
    Yes, I think your next step needs to be to replace your battery, you're never going to get anywhere if it keeps going flat on you. You can't rely on any of your fault codes being genuine, a low battery voltage can & will throw up all sorts of erroneous readings.

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

7. Thanks AliasFaux thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses guys... Another update.. I plugged the battery in started the car and no restricted performance or no dsc... Perfect... Now to tackle this leaking injector... So unplugged the 2 connectors to the injectors tighten it down sort the leak off connectors out went to start the car and noticed car engine was rocking a little and realised I forgot to plug one of the injector connectors back in... Went to switch car off and as I was about to no dsc and restricted performance came back up... Thought no worries its probably because injector not plugged in.. Switch it off plug injector back in start car up and still no dsc and restricted performance... Went to clear dtcs and now I have the right screen saying no limiter available.... Cleared codes again and its still the same no dsc restricted performance and no limiter available... And to top it off has started pissing down so being held hostage by this bastard weather to prevent me doing any work....

After clearing dtcs should the no dsc and restricted performance go away? And how do I get rid of the limiter not available thing I have a new code now p0000 something...

Regards
    AF

Post Thanks / Like
    I can’t help wonder if it’s a wheel speed sensor. Is the abs light off

10. Likes AliasFaux liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I can’t help wonder if it’s a wheel speed sensor. Is the abs light off
    I have a engine logo light a orange light and no dsc, restricted performance and no limiter available showing.

Post Thanks / Like
    The code p1000 means that the car has not completed the emissions test which it will do once you have driven if every thing is all right. Then you will get the code p1111.

This is there so that you cannot just clear the engine service light just before you go into the test centre. Not checked in Britain but in other countries like Germany it is.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay update reprogrammed pcm to see if it wipes everything clean and reinstalls new software from scratch... Although code p0000 is gone limeter not available still there and no dsc and restricted performance still there... While driving sometimes the second gear thuds sometimes smooth... Car keeps coming in and out of gear up and down as its driving... I'm sure it will smooth out over time... Now regarding this dcm and rp issue I'm done... If there is anyone out there who won't charge me an arm and a leg to resolve this issue cool if not this things going to the junk yard... I'm not spending more than a 100 to get this **** sorted... Spent enough on it already.. Every week this diseased sob has a issue crop up and is making me spend money on it... It's like this things possessed or something... No more...

To summarise and if it will help someone who doesn't need to go through posts and posts... All was well apart from the transmission so I programmed a new pcm and tcm still old units no hardware changed and after it was done I had no dsc and restricted performance showing up and earlier while clearing codes if those 2 wernt enough no limiter decided to join the fucking party...the only time no dsc and rp went away was when I unplugged the map sensor and gave it a good clean and plugged it back in... Then it cropped up again while I was working on the injectors and accidentally for got to connect injector connecter back on..

Regards
    AF

Post Thanks / Like
    Another update

As I was going through the measurement options in sdd where your injector flow rate and stuff can be read I decided to check the mass absolute pressure aka map reading and it's stuck at 600gms it doesn't go up or down based on acceleration like other sensors do? I'm having a strong feeling the issue is a map sensor as before it was a intermittent fault but now has turned into a permanent dtc...

I think I will go with the following to rul it out with the cheaper options first

1 new map sensor
    2 battery
    3 remap dpf and egr delete

I'm looking at at least £300 for the above...

Regards AF
    Last edited by AliasFaux; 24-12-18 at 02:10.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast