Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Injector readings are as so...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    PS - Did your mobile mechie show you how to delete the EGR and DPF?

Is it something you can do too if you need to reload the software again?

Hi Jim and andy

That's the sequence I followed in your link for the v6 2002 onwards... And yes kinda odd after changing injector 4 number 2 took at hit but slowly as the car warmed up they all started to settle and are within spec... Just number 6 which is 1.25k still below 1.4 so all good... And best of all no coding needed... Just drop In.... I had to get the dpf and egr and remap done from a friend of a friend so got a good price and a reliable job done... It's touching around 260 he said maybe around the 257 bhp to be more precise...

Only think left to do is 2 front lower ball joints and bushes for control track arms front... Maybe change the drop links at the back too as track rods are done and while I'm at it check all other bushes and replace those too... But apart from that all good... She's a keeper.

Dying to get out there jump in and take it for a spin ����

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be precise I changed this one

But the funny thing is the connecter cable of that injector had a yellow tape with number 5 written on it and the one opposite it with number 2 written on it and the other 4 had nothing... Which shows pre 2002 numbering but my car is 2007...weird

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that is cyl 5.

There is some stupidity that injectors have a different numbering system though!!!

The other cylinders compensate if there is one duff injector. So Im not surprised others have changed value

4. Likes AliasFaux liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cars been parked up since 2pm and started now at 9pm where it to before it would take me around 3 secs to start which was a improvement over 6 secs after getting the map sensor and coolant temp sensor changed now it took me literally half a sec... And smoooootthhhh... Noticed straight away silent and smooth no shaking no jerking or hiccups just smooth... Will update tomorrow on first start up and see how long it takes to start... Really happy with everything at the moment.

Regards
    AF

Post Thanks / Like
    It's great, you can enjoy the car for a few days now before you do more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    Just to be precise I changed this one

But the funny thing is the connecter cable of that injector had a yellow tape with number 5 written on it and the one opposite it with number 2 written on it and the other 4 had nothing... Which shows pre 2002 numbering but my car is 2007...weird
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I agree that is cyl 5.

There is some stupidity that injectors have a different numbering system though!!!

The other cylinders compensate if there is one duff injector. So Im not surprised others have changed value
    No first hand experience of the TDV6, but the Ford 4 pot diesels number the injectors as per the firing order, ie firing order 1342,

Injector 1 = Cylinder 1
    Injector 2 = Cylinder 3
    Injector 3 = Cylinder 4
    Injector 4 = Cylinder 2.

Found this in a Land Rover WSM, ( https://workshop-manuals.com/landrov...ion/page_1712/ )

INJECTORS
    There are six electronic fuel injectors (one for each cylinder) located in a central position between the four valves of each cylinder. The ECM divides the injectors into two banks of three with cylinders 1 to 3 being designated bank A and cylinders 4 to 6 designated bank B, with injector numbers 1 and 4 at the front of the engine. Although the injectors are numbered 1-6 the firing order determined by the ECM software is numbered 0-5.
    Injector/Cylinder Numbering
    Injector 0 = Cylinder 1
    Injector 1 = Cylinder 4
    Injector 2 = Cylinder 2
    Injector 3 = Cylinder 5
    Injector 4 = Cylinder 3
    Injector 5 = Cylinder 6

Did the diesels retain the original cylinders 1, 2 & 3 in one bank & 4, 5 & 6 in the other?

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

8. Thanks Andy K thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes

cylinders 1, 2 & 3 Bank A drivers side
    4, 5 & 6 Bank B passengers
    XJR 2001 Pacific Blue
    Range Rover Sport 2005 Red 2.7 TD

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the Workshop Manual for the diesel cylinder and injector numbering, it's the biblical book for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaguar switched the numbering from their old-style Bank A & B with 1,2,3, etc all on A and later ones all on B to the ISO standard where (on a V engine as these are) the odd ones are on one bank and the evens on the other.

They switched before the diesel S-Type so those will use the ISO numbering (as does my car, for that matter).

They released a PDF showing where cyls are for each model - it's on here and/or the US site and/or www.jagrepair.com

The new way also should match what OBD does (as it's really OBD II aka OBD2).

Post Thanks / Like
    The diesel engine isn't exactly an in house designed engine though, it will conform to what ever the French felt like!

Looking at the Jag manual PDF page 1160 the cylinder numbing agrees with what I said yesterday!
    except! :-
    A = 456
    B = 123
    you couldn't make it up!
    XJR 2001 Pacific Blue
    Range Rover Sport 2005 Red 2.7 TD

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast