Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Injector readings are as so...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys

Just a final update started car this morning parked from 1am last night to around 1pm this afternoon and started up straight away literally half a sec and is running beautifully... The re was some misfires going on but they settled once car warmed up...

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear/see Alias!

And did i read correctly that no coding was needed, can just drop in the new injectors and good to go?

3. Likes AliasFaux liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexbrz View Post
    Good to hear/see Alias!

And did i read correctly that no coding was needed, can just drop in the new injectors and good to go?
    Morning Alexbrz

That's correct providing the injector code of your new injector matches with your old one... It's on top of the injector

Mine was 5U3Q-9K546-AA

Also been a weekish now and every morning weather 8c or - 2c that it has been, car started up within half a sec everytime...the hard cranking gone by only changing one injector that was reading low aka 600 and all others came down and evened out... Don't know how far you are from me otherwise I wouldn't mind changing the injector for you providing you got a replacement...

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasFaux View Post
    Morning Alexbrz

That's correct providing the injector code of your new injector matches with your old one... It's on top of the injector

Mine was 5U3Q-9K546-AA

Also been a weekish now and every morning weather 8c or - 2c that it has been, car started up within half a sec everytime...the hard cranking gone by only changing one injector that was reading low aka 600 and all others came down and evened out... Don't know how far you are from me otherwise I wouldn't mind changing the injector for you providing you got a replacement...

Regards
    AF
    Thats great news. My car still starts with a long crank, good news being the weather doesnt influence it. Been between +4c and -17c lately and that doesnt affect it at all. Its evenly crappy

A very kind offer to help me replace it! Helsinki, Finland is not something i'd call close to you though!
    Im not afraid to get my hands dirty, but with the current weather conditions i'll keep postponing it a bit i think...

Good info nontheless. I'll start by getting the injector codes of the current ones. I've already got 6 replacements but by the sound of it i might not need them all.

Some pics to show the Cold Cat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabin.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	29510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	29511
    Last edited by Alexbrz; 07-01-19 at 10:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexbrz View Post
    Thats great news. My car still starts with a long crank, good news being the weather doesnt influence it. Been between +4c and -17c lately and that doesnt affect it at all. Its evenly crappy

A very kind offer to help me replace it! Helsinki, Finland is not something i'd call close to you though!
    Im not afraid to get my hands dirty, but with the current weather conditions i'll keep postponing it a bit i think...

Good info nontheless. I'll start by getting the injector codes of the current ones. I've already got 6 replacements but by the sound of it i might not need them all.

Some pics to show the Cold Cat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabin.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	29510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	29511
    Now that looks cold Alex!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that your sauna behind the car?
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Is that your sauna behind the car?
    With the rest of a cottage attached to it, includes a sauna, yes

How else can one survive these temperatures Its my first winter living in Finland. Takes some getting used to!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any bee keepers in the near from you?

I would like to get a couple of Finnish queens as they are still the northern European black bees and not these highly bred Italian bees which are too sensitive. My loss rate is too high here due to the mites and I am surrounded by pine forests.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Are there any bee keepers in the near from you?

I would like to get a couple of Finnish queens as they are still the northern European black bees and not these highly bred Italian bees which are too sensitive. My loss rate is too high here due to the mites and I am surrounded by pine forests.
    I have no clue Ducmon, bees are not something i normally concern myself with, unless the girlfriend starts screaming in summer

I'd be more than happy to help you out if its anywhere remotely near where i am. Fins are excellent in English overall, so if you come across something, feel free to message me for any help you might need

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a friend in Wales who lost almost all of his bees last year.

There was no apparent reason.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast