Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My (Wandering Teacake's, that is) X351 Ownership Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the helpful feedback, gents.

Jim: I just had to go out and check the exhausts, and yes they are a little sooty. Maybe a weekend job at some point. I'm not wildly far from Pontypridd, just a couple of valleys over.

Chris: I'll probably see if I can get tyres with rim protectors when they come up for replacement. If the wheels survive that long...

I've had a major service done, had the diff oil changed, and only need the transmission oil doing to be set up for a few more thousand miles.
    2011 X351 Supersport, black with black and more black

Previous cars: 2008 Honda Accord CDTi EX Tourer, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT, 1997 Audi S8, 1999 Subaru Legacy GTB twin turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy GL, 1960 Austin Mini, 1976 Jensen GT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6,

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up for you David, another of our very fine members also from South Wales, “Lewysdanny” (Tim), is hopefully planning a meet sometime this summer.

It would be great if you could come along and join in the excellent banter we share. If you’re interested I’ll let you know as details become available.

Sorry for the slight thread derail.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David, that's what we're here for...…

Those exhaust tips will come up a treat with 0000 wire wool finished with Autosol, nice little bling on the rear for others to see as you whizzzz off into the distance lol
    I sometimes get down there, have customers all around in Craig Yr Hesg, Machen, Penderyn, Neath Abbey and more, spent a lovely overnight not far at the Bryn Mawr hotel / golf course etc, Mrs C loved it.

Tyres with rim protectors offer a few mm David, not really THAT helpful but certainly better than nothing.
    Transmission service at 80k or thereabouts is about right, not far off at all and she'll thank you for it.

Anytime you're North of the border, gimme a shout
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

5. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Very good parallel parking - I pretty much always end up at about 45 degrees!
    I find it easy to parallel car, centimetre perfect. Its normal parking spaces I struggle with in the XJ
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Just a heads up for you David, another of our very fine members also from South Wales, “Lewysdanny” (Tim), is hopefully planning a meet sometime this summer.

It would be great if you could come along and join in the excellent banter we share. If you’re interested I’ll let you know as details become available.

Sorry for the slight thread derail.
    Yes! I'll look forward to it!
    2011 X351 Supersport, black with black and more black

Previous cars: 2008 Honda Accord CDTi EX Tourer, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT, 1997 Audi S8, 1999 Subaru Legacy GTB twin turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy GL, 1960 Austin Mini, 1976 Jensen GT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTeacake View Post
    Yes! I'll look forward to it!
    Good man, I’ll let Tim know also.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just read through this thread, looks to be a good purchase and the one I’d go for if I chose to have an XJ. The supersport is a very underrated car.

Keep us updated!
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345