Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your worst Christmas Present ?

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst I ever got was From parents. On my birthday I waited all day thinking this is a bit strange. When a friend of mine phoned to ask if I was going to pub for birthday drink. They both looked at me sheepishly and told me that they had forgotten it was my birthday!!!!!!
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

2. Likes C16RKC, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blimey its not just me then. A spade, frying pan and a footstool. Makes me feel much better!

I had a very nosey sister in law. She always wanted to know what I had got my wife for Christmas. Anyway I got my wife a lovely pair of Ruby earrings, perfume etc. Wrapped it up in some very nice Christmas wrapping paper. Hid the presents. Kept some of the wrapping paper. Then I got some very nice washing up gloves, lined posh ones of course, a bottle of washing up liquid and a scouring pad. I half wrapped the presi but you could not see inside it, unless you pried it open. I left it in our bedroom where my sis should not be going and went out with a mate for a drink. For the next week I had to put up with my sister in laws hints about getting my wife, her sister, a decent present. Me being very naughty played on that. Needless to say she got a shock and surprise when my wife opened the real presi. So one confused sister in law one delighted wife and one sense of humour.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

4. Likes fat controller, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Yeah, that was a bit risky Owl!

Heheheh...

Yeah - the lazy ***** wasn't that amused though
    2007 XJ diesel Sovereign
    KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Ducati Supersport S

6. Likes frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go Frank: https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...018/index.html

"Exquisite" is my bum! This is mostly useless impractical stuff for those who have much more money and selfishness than sense.

8. Thanks frankc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Few years ago Me and the wife agreed that we wouldnt do Christmas presents.

Christmas morning came along and she stands there and gives me a present and looks at me all expectantly ... I just turned and said "well havent got you anything we agreed we wasnt doing gifts" should have seen her face

Following year we got divorced !!! hahahaha
    XF-S 3.0 V6 275bhp Portfolio with a few nice extras Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's

Joint owner of Merc 64 plate SLK 250 CDI AMG Sportline 200bhp in polar white

10. Likes Henry_B, frankc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Here you go Frank: https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...018/index.html

"Exquisite" is my bum! This is mostly useless impractical stuff for those who have much more money and selfishness than sense.

I quite like the coffee machine but I don't drink coffee really

The turntable is almost cool but I would prefer a traditional wooden one.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Yeah! We start off there but as we buy presents for everyone else, we have to have something interesting to open too. We have given up on major birthday presents though and often just do a chocolate tasting
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    You're still here, so at least she didn't use it to bury you under the patio.
    Probably Biding her time, waiting for the right moment
    Radiance Red Jaguar S type 3.0 - internally incontinent
    Monte Carlo Blue Range Rover 4.6 Vogue - Retired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post

Christmas morning came along and she stands there and gives me a present and looks at me all expectantly ... I just turned and said "well havent got you anything we agreed we wasnt doing gifts" should have seen her face

Following year we got divorced !!! hahahaha
    That should count as the best present you got.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

15. Likes E30MW, Tink, Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    get your violins out...When I was 10 I ran down stairs on my birthday looking for my present but non could be found..I shouted upstairs to my Mum and Dad that I couldnt find my presents yes I hoped for more than one and I was told to look in the drawer.
    I did this to find my present not even wrapped ....a Mouth organ I kid you not.
    Many years later I told my wife this story and get what I got for my Birthday?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast