Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Smoke from front left bonnet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidah View Post
    Stupid handbook doesn't mention it
    Silly question, but did you look in the fuse layouts ?

2. Thanks davidah thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Robinus;1147893]Silly question, but did you look in the fuse layouts ?[/

Not a silly question at all! I did look in the handbook at both the fuse box diagrams and the fuse specifications, it doesn't mention the Aux fuel fired heater anywhere.

It's all a bit odd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am stumped, handbook doesn't mention it, I subscribed to TOPix, that doesn't mention it, now I am stuck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davidah View Post
    Well, I am stumped, handbook doesn't mention it, I subscribed to TOPix, that doesn't mention it, now I am stuck!
    There is no mention of it in the workshop manual either. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    I have been through the paperwork and found a clue! The car was MOT'd back in June 2018, the re done this week before I collected it. There is an advisory on the June certificate that there is a "minor leak of fumes from the exhaust but nothing excessive".

Phoned the dealer up and they are going to take it back in and sort whatever it is.

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    They must've binned it then while they went electric on the 3.0 litre. Thanks Phil.

Post Thanks / Like
    what year is it? mine's a 2008 and doesn't have the heater.
    i have also had the cat flexi pipe issue, couldn't see smoke but did get fumes coming into the cab. only time i've seen smoke from the engine bay was when the dpf was blocked and backed up to the cat and the car put a load of warning lights on and unable to start/tick over.
    is this heater like a wagon night heater that warms the cab when the engine's off? i only ask as i drive wagons and every so often my night heater will belch a few fumes out, normally after it hasn't been used for a while.
    2008 xf premium luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by humbug View Post
    what year is it? mine's a 2008 and doesn't have the heater.
    i have also had the cat flexi pipe issue, couldn't see smoke but did get fumes coming into the cab. only time i've seen smoke from the engine bay was when the dpf was blocked and backed up to the cat and the car put a load of warning lights on and unable to start/tick over.
    is this heater like a wagon night heater that warms the cab when the engine's off? i only ask as i drive wagons and every so often my night heater will belch a few fumes out, normally after it hasn't been used for a while.
    I think it is linked to the climate control and it only works below a certain temperature as long as the climate is in auto - however it does look like I don't even have it as the strongest possibility is a leaky exhaust - I will know more once it has been back in and sorted. I'm not that up on these cars at the moment, so could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Robinus @Philayl1

Had it back to the Garage I got it from - Cracked Flexi on the left bank and no Aux heater there at all!

Thanks for all your advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, glad you're sorted, I did suspect it was the flexi as I've had exactly the same. phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

12. Likes mrb, davidah liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast