Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlight assembly

Post Thanks / Like

Headlight assembly

On my drivers side headlight assembly the bulb is loose inside and points to the left and down. Could I be missing something inside the assembly or should I just by another one. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The adjuster is almost certainly broken. Two choices, either fit a new adjuster (upgraded ones are about 20 quid on ebay), it involves using a hair dryer or heat gun to remove the glass which isn't as difficult as it seems, or buy a good refurbed headlight with the newer upgraded adjusters already fitted.

Not the cheapest but I've used these a few times and they should last the life of the car, as opposed to the original ones which turn brittle and eventually snap.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-X-...:rk:8:razz:f:0
    Last edited by Roadrunner69; 22-12-18 at 00:19. Reason: additional info
    2005 2.0D SE, stage 1 remap, EGR blank, remote fold mod, tailgate auto lift mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    My many thanks I'll start looking

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not so much a common fault as an inevitability on the non HID headlights. There's plenty of videos and howtos out there on doing the job.
    2005 2.0D SE, stage 1 remap, EGR blank, remote fold mod, tailgate auto lift mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered it from amazon and fixing to watch those videos .

Post Thanks / Like
    Even the HID ones snap the adjusters. I guess being self leveling they get more stresses on them?
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Thanks I appreciate any and all help this is my first Jag and really learning. And congrats on beating the Monster I am also a Survivor of that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this job a couple of years ago.

Its an easy enough job but very time consuming. At this time of year, i would allow a full weekend to do it. Its do-able in a day really but best to allow for any issues.
    Irritating the humourless since 1973

2006 2.2D Sport Premium Estate. Winter pack. 18" Proteus alloys, MTEC drilled and grooved F&R Discs, Xenon's, Rear and Side Tints, Sat Nav, Bluetooth & Voice, CD Changer, Audio Connectivity Module with bluetooth media, Rear TV Connectivity, Interior LED upgrade, LED Rear light cluster complete bar the tail/brake lights, Self lift tailgate mod, Stainless steel lower mesh grille.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks and right now it's only one side once again thanks for everyone help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Veteran2243
    I have done this job myself, not too difficult but a pain in the you know what, as the bumper cover has to be removed. I would recommend if you are going to all this trouble, to do both headlights at the same time, as it will only be a matter of time before the other one breaks. The original adjusters are so fragile that even driving over a pothole can break them.
    Good luck.

Alan in sunny Malta (starting to get a bit nippy but still nice and sunny).
    2003 2.10 petrol 13,500 genuine miles at Jan 19. In unmarked Topaz paintwork, champagne leather, custom quilted headlining, fitted over-mats, retro fitted wood door trims. steering wheel, ash tray & gear surround, leaper, chrome front & rear light embellishers & indicator surround, front and rear parking sensors, DRL's.

Did you know 6 out of seven dwarfs' are not happy !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast