Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: S-Type R engine probleme when cold

Post Thanks / Like
    Icarsoft look specially developped for Jaguar, that's right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can find faults. The check engine light normally (from what I understand) is to inform you that the car is no longer conforming to the emissions laws. If the car goes into restricted performance then it s to protect the engine from damage.

There are a few members here that can speak French but I live in Germany and my school French is so rusty now it is useless.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that is right. I have the i930 and it has saved me a lot of money.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thank you, so before all attempt i need to buy the i930

Ok but it's fine in english for me, so i learn. And you lost nothing if you speak not french Better learn english or german i can found nothing in french forum... I'm registered on one forum in english and then i found a way... Why do you want to speak french? The wine dealer speak english to hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everybody,

With a other diagnostic, it say p1111 and say: Description: Engine control module (ECM) - internal error // Cause: ECM

What he want to say... is the ECM the problem or what? Or maybe that's nothing?

Post Thanks / Like
    P1111 is not a fault code. It is a special designator Ford and Jaguar uses meaning system ready, drive cycles completed after the last fault event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok now i know that. Thank you.

A other idea... I have a 95ah batterie from 05.2015. Maybe with a new batterie? That's possible? And i thing it's a 100ah normally. I go to buy one monday.

I thing that because when i'm going to 120-160kmh all is good and engine turn 2000-3000rpm. When i'm 80kmh and engine 1250rpm probleme come. I thing when engine is more powered, batterie is too powered and then it give more electik power to injection or system, maybe fuel pump or a other component. That's possible? I read a lot of time failling batterie can bring some probleme.

Post Thanks / Like
    This Jaguar does throw up strange faults when the battery does not deliver 12.6 volts. The charging system is not up It for modern batteries. This is why most of us charge the battery regularly
    Grumpy Old Git
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, why you say 12.6? Is not 12?

Post Thanks / Like
    No when you have 12 volts it is too low. You need 12.6 which is the voltage of a fully charged battery.

I think we have answered this now, the battery voltage when fully charged is about 2.1v x 6 cells so can be 12.6volts .

The Jaguar has a charging system which produces 13.8 v for about 5 minutes after which it drops. This means that our cars are unable to charge the battery fully because the maintenance free batteries need a charging rate over 14 volts.
    Last edited by ducmon; 29-12-18 at 23:20.
    Grumpy Old Git
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast