Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: S-Type R engine probleme when cold

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, live in a old school. But you say me how you live in Germany, i want to know in England. Situation is good? maybe it's been too long since you left to tell me?

I like the London style, I have never lived in such a big city but I wonder if it is unlivable or if London is an exception.

There are no non-stop horns as in New York, most neighborhoods look like old towns.

When I was there I felt like I was in 1900 in some ways. And I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi xpape.

There is no plug on the Torque Converter, so it's not possible to drain out the fluid from it.

Like many other automatic cars, you can disconnect the oil pipes from the gearbox to the cooler which is in the radiator and put the "out" pipe from the gearbox into an empty bucket, and the "in" pipe into a container of new fluid. If you can buy the 20 litre container of M1375.4 fluid then that is easy, but be sure not to put the "out" pipe with old dirty fluid into the new fluid container.

Then start the engine for a short time, maybe 30 seconds, then turn it off if you aren't sure it's ok to let it run longer.

Then repeat this until the old fluid comes out clean. But be very watchful and careful and be ready to stop the engine.

The full capacity of the gearbox is a little more than 10 litres.

It will take about 14-15 litres to change all of it.

The better way is to find any good mechanic who has a gearbox fluid changing machine which can replace all the fluid without opening the gearbox. Then change the sump and seals there and use the machine after. The mechanic will advise the best way but he might be afraid to do it for the first time on the Jaguar. The only thing is to insist on ZF LF6 or single-spec Shell M1375.4 fluid, do Not use any multi-specification fluid.

Be sure to put in enough new fluid, by using the method in the videos.

Life in the UK...

It is difficult for young people who buy or rent their house. Both parents need to work to have children and take good care of them. Average money in the south is £25,000 or less. There is a difference in the north, it's less and most people are in difficulty.

Yes I think most people can afford to eat out, fast food like Madonalds and Burger King is not expensive, around £8-£10 each. Fish & chips cost more, around £10-£12 each in the south. Chinese and Indian takeaway can cost a bit more. Average restaurants cost around £25 each. Of course there are others more expensive. Pubs now have food too, and they are not so cheap.

London is a special case. Many people on salaries of £40,000+ can easily afford to go anywhere they want, expensive restaurants, theatres etcetera. It's like any capital city. But it's not a place I would like to live.

We visited Geneva many years ago, 1987, when we lived in Germany, and it was about 2 to 3 times more expensive to eat there than Germany.

3. Likes Stagnite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think to ask until now...

Do you have any fault codes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried anything yet, but I know what to do.

I will post the result do not worry.

Now I need money, I have returned to work and the month of January is still difficult but wait until February and you will have answers!

I rented a garage and I'm settling, I also have a lot of work so little time.

Okay I see, then the situation in England is similar to that of the other European countries.

And I can assure you, I can not go to the restaurant even though I'm Swiss, Mcdonald yes, pizza yes but the restaurant is too expensive to go there often. I am talking about the restaurant because it gives an idea of ​​the quality of life.

Same for young people in Switzerland, the only difference in Switzerland is the amount you earn but be sure that at the end of the month most people do not have any more.

I remember when 1 £ = 2.60 CHF !! today is 1.20CHF.

Okay, I still think London is a cool city and sometimes I think it would be cool to live there, people in the countryside do not like Londoners generally?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everybody,

I have found time to repair my S-Type and i confirm you the 77 Lubricants Fluid equivalent for ZF 6hp works good until now.

Thank you for help, if you wan't the exact name of this fluid i can found it.

Super cool forum.

I retries to post a photo of my 420g! ...but work always not... i'm crying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Thanks for the feedback.

It could be that the picture is to big in megabytes.

You could always use a free cloud server and post a link for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpape View Post
    Hello everybody,

I have found time to repair my S-Type and i confirm you the 77 Lubricants Fluid equivalent for ZF 6hp works good until now.

Thank you for help, if you wan't the exact name of this fluid i can found it.

Thanks for your update xpape.

Great news.

I see from the 77 Lubricants website that their recommended transmission fluid for the ZF 6HP26 is "4501 - ATF L6S".

https://www.77lubricants.nl/lubricant-advisor/

As a double-check, here is the data sheet for L6S:

https://www.77lubricants.nl/en/produ...luids/atf-l6s/

It specifically mentions there that this fluid is "for all 6-speeds automatic transmissions developed by ZF where a constructor requires a M.1375-4 specification."

That's fine. It mentions that it "exceeds" several other specs including Dexron VI. As it didn't say "meets" I'm happy that it's an equivalent to M1375.4

All the best, but please keep in touch, let us know how your Catwomen behave.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 23-04-19 at 08:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpape View Post
    I retries to post a photo of my 420g! ...but work always not... i'm crying...
    One of the easy ways is to create a free hosting account here:

https://postimages.org/signup

It does not send spam emails.

Then click the 3 horizontal bars button to see the menu, and Log in before you upload your photos or you will not be able to find them easily.

Once you log in, create new galleries (albums) and upload your photos.

Then you can select the ones you want and the site will generate a URL for each one.

Just copy the URL for each photo and paste it into the forum post with [IMG] in front and [/IMG] after, without spaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, good to know!

Yes the ATF L6S that's right.

Of course! I give you photo of other Jaguar when i have time. I do nat have much time... But i look with the website you say, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/29uub6l3k/

Now my 420g! Merci Jim

I just need a delco to start it. I have not. I can take it from my other 420g but i don't want. The other is completely disassembled, i buy it like that.

The other is green with white leather. I can make a really collection car with it. Super condition.

And for passionate, i give you this E-Type. I see it yesterday on web. 55'000CHF (approximately 42'000£)
    https://www.tutti.ch/fr/vi/tessin/ve...576?redirected

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast