Thread: Temperature control sensor and other problem

Post Thanks / Like

Temperature control sensor and other problem

Hi peps i have a couple of problems that might be best left alone but thought I would ask anyway the first is the cooling or air con fan kicks in even when the engine is only slightly warm and stays on until I shut down the engine so could this be the temperature sensor and the other thing is no matter how hot the engine gets I can remove the expansion tank cap and get no pressure I have replaced the cap but still the same the jag has always had these problems over the last year I have owned it but doesn't cause any problems
    2003 s type 3.0 sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Use your scanner to see what the water temperature is. I don't know what the actual temp should be but you can then compare the reading with that from one of those laser thermometer.

That way you will know if the sensor is working.

Do you loose coolant? As I suspect that you may have a small leak somewhere and that can be why you don't have any pressure in the system.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    For some or all of the cars the temp varies but is detailed in the workshop manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't lose water or oil I never top it up its always been fine