Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy / girl racers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Boy / girl racers ?

I'm officially old !! (Fact)...Boy and girl racers are getting on my nerves ! Why do they have to drive around in a 10,000 watt mobile disco ...blasting out drum and bass garbage ( or is it garage ?...).

In a car worth £300 that costs them £5,000 to insure..?

And the car is always fitted with an exhaust pipe from a harrier jump jet ?

Yes I was young once but in the 1970s ....never took part in this practice ....My 3 watt cassette tape did me fine !!...Mind you my go faster stripes were the business !

Youth is wasted on the young !

2. Likes ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All too true sadly......poor buggers haven't got a clue

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes Peterthejagman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    I'm officially old !! (Fact)...Boy and girl racers are getting on my nerves ! Why do they have to drive around in a 10,000 watt mobile disco ...blasting out drum and bass garbage ( or is it garage ?...).

Yes I was young once but in the 1970s ....never took part in this practice ....My 3 watt cassette tape did me fine !!...Mind you my go faster stripes were the business !

Regrettably, we have a bunch of these idiots congregating nightly at our bowls club car park. The noise is one thing, the mess they leave behind is quite another!

There are one or two decent small cars with them, but mainly wrecks on wheels.

6. Likes Peterthejagman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were all young and stupid once.

I remember thinking I looked the dogs in my 1 litre Ford Anglia with stupidly wide wheels, flared arches, matt black bonnet and a drainpipe for a silencer.
    2007 XJ diesel Sovereign
    KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Ducati Supersport S

8. Likes Willber G, Ian D, Stagnite, Jag-Black, Hooli liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Austin Healey Sprite had additional aluminium bonnet catches, aerofoils on the wipers, streamlined mirrors, roll cage, nine inch diameter steering wheel, fake wooden central console, and huge flower transfers on the doors....My excuse is that I was young and stupid at the time, which was the Flower Power era!
    I thought I was young and wise of course, and felt sorry for old folks (over 30s....).
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverichardson View Post
    I thought I was young and wise of course, and felt sorry for old folks (over 30s....).
    Indeed, I used to think my father talked a lot of nonsense, but as grew up I was surprised at how much he'd learned.....
    2014 XF 3.0D Portfolio / 2006 Kia Picanto 1.1LX

11. Likes Peterthejagman, Daverichardson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post

I used to be one of those ‘boy racers’ when I was younger. I had a Rover Coupe 220 turbo when I was 21 and fitted a stereo in worth around £3k, double the value of the car!

Was ace at the time I thought, 2x12” subs in a bespoke enclosure, alpine CD player with graphic equaliser, 8 speakers, 1 ohm 1Kw amp RMS DLS monoblock amp running the subs and an amp running the speakers with 2 batteries and 0 gauge cabling through out. Large exhaust and lowered way too much! Thankfully I grew out of it many years ago, sold it all and now 15 years later I’m quite sensible...ish.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

13. Likes WelshXF, Jimbov8, Peterthejagman, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember in the early 1970s a kid on our estate had a Ford classic (Capri) which was the fore runner for the Ford Capri....He thought he was "the boy" ...Lovely car mind !! trophy girl in the passenger seat....A windscreen sun strip with his and his girls name on it....

Then one day he fitted colenel bogey air horns which he blasted morning noon and night !! Much to the amusement of himself but not everybody...
    I remember seeing him being pulled over by the police.....I later heard he went to court and was fined !!!! And ordered to remove the air horns from his vehicle...

Imagine that happening today ?......With stereo systems or exhausts ?.....

NOT A HOPE IN HELL !!!

No police patrols for a start ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon that I can beat all of you for stupidity. I had a Reliant Robin (only had a motorcycle licences) which I fitted a top of the range Clarion HiFi system when I turned the volume up to about halfway the whole of the car was turned into a large speaker. Man oh man was I hated at the traffic lights by the boy racers as I blasted Manfred man mad! his earthband out drowning their music.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    If they have the exhaust from a Harrier do they rotate in different directions to provide lift and braking?
    2005 Jaguar S-Type R in Ebony Black

17. Likes Hooli liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast