Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil Extraction Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Oil Extraction Pump

Does anyone have any experience of one of these fellows?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7L-Waste-...rk:10:razz:f:0

As I have a driveway that is essentially the size of the car, ramps are not an option, so servicing would have to be done on a jack/axle stands - therefore I was wondering about one of these things to suck the oil out through the dip stick tube? I thought it could be handy for changing diff oil too.
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of one of these fellows?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7L-Waste-...rk:10:razz:f:0

As I have a driveway that is essentially the size of the car, ramps are not an option, so servicing would have to be done on a jack/axle stands - therefore I was wondering about one of these things to suck the oil out through the dip stick tube? I thought it could be handy for changing diff oil too.
    I bought the electric version. Works ok. Used it to remove change roof hydraulic fluid and pump the new stuff in. Also used it on the steering fluid. I am sure it works fine on the oil too but I have found that its actually cheaper to get it done for me rather than buy the filter and oil. Will see if I can find the model I bought on Fleabay. BRB

This not the one I bought but its similar. What I will say though is do not pump water with it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Elect...frcectupt=true

If I remember right the bits where I could not reach the battery connections I used a battery charger to hook it up.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

3. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one.

I scoured eBay as the same one is available from many sellers at widely differing prices.

Once you have one you will find yourself using it for all sorts of tasks you never envisaged.

gearbox oil change
    diff oil change
    power steering oil change
    empty brake master cylinder before refilling with clean fluid
    empty radiator before changing hose

empty toilet cistern before changing float valve
    empty waste disposal before removing it to unblock
    empty drain gulley before digging out this autumn's leaf collection

and probably a few more I have forgotten.
    X358 SV8 LWB in Ultimate Black, Limo Tint Rears, Takoba 9Jx20 alloys

5. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 9litre one and the extraction tube could do with being longer as I stand mine on an upturned bucket.

Oil changes are so easy now as the only prep work is lifting the bonnet lol. No getting under the car removing under trays etc.

I would recommend the 9litre version if you have a V8 engine.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys

I did glance at the electric one, but in the description it said that it wasn't suitable for used engine oil, only clean? I don't mind a bit of pumping action (says he with a schoolboy grin on his face........ ), so the manual one might be just the ticket. I presume that a longer extraction tube could be obtained if needed?

I do have a V8, so the 9 litre would make sense - would I not need to drop the under tray to change the oil filter? I admit I haven't even looked to see where it is yet?
    ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; Current - 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign, and occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    Personally I think I would find that bulky and impractical. Imagine lay on your back under a car trying to hold the pipe in place and pump that at the same time. I think it would be quite awkward trying to use that and keep an eye on the connections at the same time. To do even just the oil the pump would have to stand outside the car on the ground whilst the pipe would go over the wing etc. However I am sure you have thought about all this.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    The pipe connects to the dipstick tube so you just stand up to do the job.

The 9litre one is the same as mine.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

11. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fat controller, I don't think you would benefit fully with an oil extraction pump as the 4.2 V8 oil filter is under the car.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

13. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did wonder where it was - however, with me being disabled, and having a driveway that is quite literally the size of the car, I still think that this might help - yes, I would still need to get under the car to change the filter, but I would still have eliminated the draining of the oil into some sort of vessel and then having to get that vessel out from under the car (there is a small slope immediately in front of my car onto the pavement), and then somehow transferring the oil back to the oil containers; my thinking is that even having to go under the car to change the filter, this has the oil cleanly contained and easy to transfer and means that I am not spending too long flat on my back under a car waiting for oil to drain etc.

That, and the cost is broadly similar to a suitable oil catch can.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast