Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XJ6 X350 Std equipment and options

Post Thanks / Like
    Phil-X350, take a look at the brochure here:
    http://www.jag-lovers.org/brochures/...riceguide.html

But you really need to check what is actually istalled on the car to be sure. Essential items for me are Sat Nav, heated seats. A Sovereign would have pretty much most items as standard, mainly the much nicer, soft grain (Nappa) leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    IMHO the 3 litre petrol, is the best engine.
    What did you find the 3 ltr did better than the 4.2 S/C when you drove one? I have owned both 3l and 4.2 S/C, while the V6 was a great engine, it didn't really give me much better fuel economy and considerably less performance.
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

2. Likes Jimbov8, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    '.....not the Sport model.....'
    Having owned a 3ltr. Sport for a few years, I'm not dissatisfied with the ride quality, and what I really like about it is that it has the 'classier' (to me) black carpet and dashboard top and door cappings, rather than the normal - mocha? - colour for these items.
    2003 X350 V6 Sport.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year

Re engine, from what I have read the 3.0 V6 is more than capable, and I am assuming as I will be driving the car on short journeys and around town, it will be better on fuel.

Re Sport Model, again from what I have read the non-sport models are more comfortable and I would prefer the chrome grill surround.

Not ruling any engine/model out as the condition of the car will be the most important factor.

If anyone has a car available for sale please let me know.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    I find the Jaguar easier to park than wife's New Beetle !
    Fleet manager (!!) of: -
    XJ6 Sovereign 2007
    VW New Beetle 2009
    MG Midget 1500 1977
    MG TF 135 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    As I have the diesel sport premium, I wouldn’t say it was any noiser than any petrol cars I’ve had. Once you’ve started her up you wouldn’t really tell the difference.
    I also wouldn’t say the sport is that stiff, but then on saying these things I haven’t been in a petrol non sport XJ to be sure.
    I also agree the touch screen is a nice addition even if the sat nav is extremely dated.
    The only comment about the sport would be the seat bolsters are high and make the seat feel narrow, that or I have a fat ass....

7. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Sport with chrome grill, the range of specs are wide, you seem to be able to get very personalised cars if you keep looking. To be honest though I selected mine for condition and mileage. Spec was a secondary consideration.
    2003 XJ6
    2002 Lexus LS430
    A small collection of Saabs

At my happiest playing with hammers and spanners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Phil,
    Not too sure about how to answer your question. My X350 is a 2006 in Sovereign trim with V8 petrol engine
    and no S.C. To the best of my knowledge it came with every extra with the exception of sun roof and rear lcd screens.
    The single biggest problem, in communication, is the illusion that it has actually taken place. (George Bernard Shaw)

Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming you are physically inspecting the car here are some quick checks you can do for equipment:
    Folding door mirrors: next to the window switched on the drivers door - there will be a small round button in front of the 4 window switches. All XJ's will have heated door mirrors regardless of whether they fold.
    Quick clear - look at the climate controls, above the heated rear window there will be TWO buttons for the front windscreen - cars without quick clear will ony have one button to direct the air.
    Heated steering wheel - this comes on with the heated drivers seat, there is no seperate button for it. It should started feeling warm within 5 minutes or so.
    Previous: 2006 X-Type 2.2d S- EBC Turbo Groove & Red Stuff
    2004 XJ Sport 4.2 Black with cream leather
    Current: 2004 XJ Super V8 SWB

"Speed and power solve many things" - JC

Post Thanks / Like
    There were spec changes from year to year as well. I have a 2003 brochure and there was no Sovereign that year, in the '04 Jag-Lovers brochure it seems they changed the SE spec to put some clear distance between it and the Sovereign.

None of them are really poverty spec like the old base level X300s that didn't even have cruise though.

Things I'd miss on mine if they weren't specified are the heated windscreen, premium audio (which is barely good enough, the standard is very poor), and the extra adjustment in the seats. I'd have preferred the soft leather in the Sovereign and the Super V8, but aside from that I don't think my car is lacking anything that I miss. Maybe a supercharger.

When I was shopping for an S-Type 10+ years ago I insisted that it have nav, but this time I was totally indifferent to it. The system is slow, the maps out of date, the screen poorly located, and the disc readers are knocking on and somewhat prone to failure now. It does make the centre console look tidier but I'm happier with the slightly lower prices that cars without the touchscreen fetch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume, regarding the heated front screen, the 3 buttons (top to bottom) are 'Def' 'F' and then rear screen.

Currently, my preferred model is the Sovereign, preferred engine diesel and colour light blue.

But, will keep an open mind depending on condition, mileage and if it is a bargain.

Phil

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast