Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XJ6 X350 Std equipment and options

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar XJ6 X350 Std equipment and options

Hi
    I am not a X350 owner but hope to be in the near future.
    Currently I am trying to improve my knowledge on thesewonderful cars and would be very grateful for the views from the people on thisforum.
    Try as I might I can’t find any information regarding thestandard equipment and the options for the different models.
    I am particularly interested in buying a 3.0 V6 and fromwhat I can understand there is the base model, SE, Sport and Sovereign.
    Looking at the ad’s it is difficult to determine what isstandard and what is an option.
    The ‘base’ (if that is the correct term) appears to be verywell equipped.
    Therefore, I would be very interested in what owner’s thingare the options to have.
    Many thanks.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    If it helps, take a look at this link: http://www.jag-lovers.org/brochures/...riceguide.html

It shows details of all models, specifications and options.

I have the base model 3.0 petrol

I have automatic lights & wipers, electric seats, auto dimmminf rear view mirror and heated front windscreen.

I miss the memory seats and heated seats and dimming wing mirror from my S Type. In an ideal world I would like heated memory seats. I liked the way the seat would move back and steering wheel retract when getting in and out of the car.

So, ideally, I would have liked a sovereign; I would like heated memory seats and xenon lights.another pair of cylinders and maybe a supercharger bolted on would be nice too. At the end of the day though, I have a beautiful car that I love driving. I guess it is human nature to always want a little bit more. For now though, I am happy with my XJ6 which my daughter calls Charlie - because it is gold, like Charlie Bucket's ticket.
    2003 3.0 XJ X350 — Topaz Gold - Champagne / Mocha interior - Adamesh Grill Upgrade / 4x400w Planet Audio Amp / 12" Planet Audio Big Bang Sealed Sub woofer / CDT Classic component 2 way speakers with Crossover / Alpine Double Din DVD, Parrot, iPod Player. Skinz Soundproofing all round. Osram Daytime LED lights, Terracleaned , reverse parking camera.

2004 2.7 Diesel S Type - Platinum Silver Barley Interior (past)

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO the 3 litre petrol, is the best engine, (I'm now on my 2nd 3 litre petrol X350, an X358 Sovereign actually). Look out for the 5" touch screen as this gives you a proper satnav display. Sport models, (my first), have slightly harder springing so are a bit harsher on ride. The smaller the wheel size on these cars and the fatter the tyres is best for a compliant ride. I downsized from 20" to 18" on my first car and from 19" to 17" on my current car. However, if you are a bit of a "wheel spin to wheel lock" merchant, you may want the larger wheels as these, theoretically, give better handling "ion the limit".
    Fleet manager (!!) of: -
    XE Portfolio 180 AWD 2017
    VW New Beetle 2009
    MG Midget 1500 1977
    MG TF 135 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that has been very useful.

That will help with my search.

Were you tempted by a Diesel?

Most of my driving will be short distances so the issues with PDF filters probably rules a diesel out for me. In any case I suspect a diesel will not be as silent as a petrol engine.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the 2.7 V6 S type before my XJ. I had the engine remapped. It was a fantastic engine. With the remap it had almost as much torque as the XJR. I didn't have a DPF so no problems there. Miss the economy of. The diesel but the 3.0 petrol is very smooth and lovely to drive. For a big car the 30+ MPG on a run is not bad at all really.
    2003 3.0 XJ X350 — Topaz Gold - Champagne / Mocha interior - Adamesh Grill Upgrade / 4x400w Planet Audio Amp / 12" Planet Audio Big Bang Sealed Sub woofer / CDT Classic component 2 way speakers with Crossover / Alpine Double Din DVD, Parrot, iPod Player. Skinz Soundproofing all round. Osram Daytime LED lights, Terracleaned , reverse parking camera.

2004 2.7 Diesel S Type - Platinum Silver Barley Interior (past)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Phil, I have just bought a 3.5 XJ8 2003 and I’m amazed at how smooth and quite the car is, I’m totally smitten by it and as everyone else has said each journey is something to look forward to, so do not rule the V8s out if a good one comes up, good luck with your search.
    2003 XJ8 Rover coupe P5b Masarati 4200 Spyder Kawasaki ZZR 750

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Fraser

One of the main reasons for looking for a X350 is the comfort and low noise levels therefore 17" wheels would be ideal.

In theory Sat Nav sounds great, but in practice a trip to Halfrauds will provide a sat nav that would be far better.

Heated front screen and memory seats would be nice to have.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be too upset if you can't get SatNav. It looks good but actually the screen is uncomfortably too far away from the line-of-sight to the road, and the latest disc is six or seven years old now - 2012.

A modern (ie up-to-date) TomTom or Garmin on the top of the fascia is far better if you really have need of a SatNav.
    "The jaguar is a compact and well-muscled animal." (Wikipedia on Panthera Onca)
    2008 XJ Sovereign 2.7 Tdvi,
    LWB, Sunroof, 19" Polaris, Botanical Green
    2008 Hyundai Getz 1.4
    Previous: 2004 Hyundai Getz; 1990 Merc 190E 2.6; 1987 Nissan Prairie ... 1954 Mk-C 197cc Bond Minicar

Post Thanks / Like
    Winter pack is pretty useful, quick clear windscreen is one to look out for. Also the heated steering wheel, this might be part of the winter pack I'm not sure but my previous Sport had it. I think the sat nav is quite decent still for most purposes and it looks nicer having the screen.
    Previous: 2006 X-Type 2.2d S- EBC Turbo Groove & Red Stuff
    2004 XJ Sport 4.2 Black with cream leather
    Current: 2004 XJ Super V8 SWB

"Speed and power solve many things" - JC

10. Likes Partick the Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of comments.

I am now pretty certain that my preference of engine is 3.0 V6 and for comfort, the base, SE or Sovereign model, not the Sport version.

Although the MPG figures of the diesel could sway me. That said, I have only been in a petrol version and the most noticeable first reaction is how quiet the ride is. Regardless of the MPG figures I would not want to spoil that with the noise from a diesel.

In terms of equipment, in no particular order, this would tick the boxes:

Heated Memory seats
    Folding heated door mirrors
    Heated front screen
    Front and back parking sensors
    Part wood steering wheel.

Touch screen Sat Nav would be great but not the end of the world because the latest Tom Tom / Garvin with free maps would be the better option.

Colour preference would be the light blue (silver/blue).

I have only been a passenger so would be grateful for any comments on the practical aspects (parking etc.) of owning such a large car.

Phil

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast