Thread: Leakoff pipe question

Post Thanks / Like

Leakoff pipe question

Hi guys

When I did work on changing seals and replacing one injector, in the process 2 leakoff connectors broke... Injector 2 and 4...i changed both of them to metal ones... Now the one that broke from injector 4 it was as easy as sliding the silicone tube on and the other side to injector 2 and done ... But on injector 2 the tube runs from one end to the back of the centre of the engine aka the y connector I believe its called? ... The leakoff connector tube part broke in that pipe and this pipe is a damn hard plastic type I could not get the broken side out so I snipped it and though I will slide it on new connector... But this darn tube is like so hard it won't even soften under boiling water to give it enough softness so it will slide on... So for now I managed to find a silicone tube to connect one end to injector 2 and the other end slid Ontop of that plastic pipe and a copper wire wrapped around it once and twisted.... I thought I had done a good job as checked every day and no leaks but today I smelt diesel looked and it was leaking so added another copper wire with a twist which stopped it... I believe when I originally put the copper wire on it was cold and under heat tube softened and made way for diesel to escape... Now this one I twisted while hot so it should hold.... But will like to fix it eventually... Now I can get hold of a 3.2 ID tube and run it straight from injector 2 all the way back to the y connector but the question is... The tube that runs from the bottom of the y connector how hard is that to take out so it gives me room to play with y connector to take original tube off gently without damaging the y connector....

Now I could of just asked how hard isit to disconnect the tube from the bottom of the y connector and then put it back in is it a push button connector like with thumb and index finger as such that are on fuel filters?

But I guess a nice story to everything is much better and gives better insight

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased fabric fuel pipe off eBay to connect between the Y and first injector.

Cutting down with knife so not break the Y sensor.

Yes heat it before fitting
    Last edited by Andy K; 04-01-19 at 12:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    I purchased fabric fuel pipe off eBay to connect between the Y and first injector.

Cutting down with knife so not break the Y sensor.

Yes heat it before fitting
    Ordered fabric fuel pipe connected and all good...

Regards
    AF
    Shaguar s type 2.7 diesel Xs 2007