Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambelt

Post Thanks / Like

Cambelt

Is the recommended cambelt replacement on a 3.0 diesel 110k or 10 years? Seeing a lot of 2010 cars coming up at amazing prices. Probably because people don't want the expense. Some only have under 50k on them, it's just the 10 year thing.
    '07 Fabia vRS SE no. 748/1000, Milltek, Eibach, rarb, poly's, grooved, graphite wheels, pretty damn mint. '66 Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2tsi 110 bhp 6 speed. White, 17" Savios, mudflaps, armrest, cruise, spare wheel. '13 Peugeot Partner Tepee taxi!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's amazing just how many miles we travel these days ?.....I'm seeing 5 .6 years old cars with 200.000 on clock for sale ?...The age of the car does not come into it !

I watched an interesting programme recently where a certain car dealership that only sells cars under 3 years old...And the mileage was on average under 20.000 miles..
    It transpired that the company buys lease cars and and "clocks them" ....?..This being confirmed by a man who was picked up by a driver in a car that showed 20.000 miles on the clock ...He said he used to drive that car as a chauffeur and it had 150.000 on the clock 1 year ago ? When he drove it ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by numptie-boy View Post
    Is the recommended cambelt replacement on a 3.0 diesel 110k or 10 years? Seeing a lot of 2010 cars coming up at amazing prices. Probably because people don't want the expense. Some only have under 50k on them, it's just the 10 year thing.

Hi Numptie-boy,
    looking at 10 years or 112,000 miles, see service sheets below..

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=105003

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, a good indie will do the cambelt for about £350 so I fail to see how it will greatly affect the price of a used car. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    Hi, a good indie will do the cambelt for about £350 so I fail to see how it will greatly affect the price of a used car. Phil
    I don't think it affects the value of the car to most people but it's probably true that it's a catalyst for a lot of people to swap out. Doesn't make any rational sense but lots of people are toying with changing at 10 years anyway (psycological limit like 100k miles) and they see the cambelt bill looming on top of the regular servicing costs and don't want to spend that, only to trade the car a few months later, giving the new buyer the benefit.
    Daft really as in my experience, the trade in value will simply be adjusted down if you don't have it done (the dealer was very insistent that I must provide proof of the cambelt change on the Jeep before he'd take it for the agreed price.). I guess it's a good negotiation point on either side.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

6. Likes mrb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not so much the miles done it is more to do with the rubber starting to perish and that's down to age and miles, so 10yrs is about right, could go on for another 100,000 mls without a problem but if it goes you will be faced with a big big bill. Not worth the risk imo I'm getting mine done this year for peace of mind more than anything else.
    When I die I want to go like my Granddad, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming like the people on the back seat.

XF V6 3L Diesel Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused. Does a 2010 XF 3.0 D S have a cambelt or chain ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenticular View Post
    I'm confused. Does a 2010 XF 3.0 D S have a cambelt or chain ?
    It has a belt, the 4.2 and 5.0 petrol have chains. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was 110k or 7 years which ever came first
    S type 30 petrol 2000 reg 104000 miles Xf 30d facelift2012 lux

Post Thanks / Like
    Even Jaguar will do it for around £600 on the 3+ fixed price. So no real biggy, it's about the same cost as my last set of Tyres, I wish they would last 10 years
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast