Thread: Bee keeper needing help from members either in Ireland Finland or Scotland

Post Thanks / Like

Bee keeper needing help from members either in Ireland Finland or Scotland

I have been keeping bees for a number of years and due the to high rate of loss that I am suffering from I would like to change the sub species that I have. These Italian bees are like Ferraris or race horses highly bred and very temperamental but the only type that is available here in Germany due to that nutter Adolf Hitler.

He believed that because they are not so dark and have dark yellow stripes that they were Aryan and ordered that all bee keepers kept these bees in the Third Reich.

Now here is the purpose of this thread.

I would be very Grateful if any forum members in Ireland, Finland or Scotland could help me to come into contact with bee keepers who I could purchase some European dark bee queens. Which are the correct type of bees for the region where I live.

I have found out that there some breeding groups in Ireland but I would prefer to be in contact with private individuals.

Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    I can not help you directly but I am a retired agronomist and did some work with farmer clients and this organisation https://www.bbka.org.uk/ on minimising the risk to bees from agricultural pesticides.

I would suggest that they would be a first option for you as they have contact with most UK bee keepers.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that. I will get in contact with them
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples